Carolina Crown 2016

As an adult you should feel embarrassed for asking someone to do this. This the kind of behavior that is going to cause rehearsals to be closed in the future if people cannot use common sense and wait for the organizations to release information when THEY seam it ready to release.

If the corps have open rehearsal, they run that risk. It is not his fault that he asked to periscope their closer. If Crown didn't want their closer recorded than it should be a closed practice.

Seems like all the high school bandos aren't quite sure how to react to the pg13 moment in Roxanne rofl. It was pretty amusing to listen to them talk about that.

Edited by DasTuba
  • Like 2

If the corps have open rehearsal, they run that risk. It is not his fault that he asked to periscope their closer. If Crown didn't want their closer recorded than it should be a closed practice.

My take on it from ensemble yesterday are the copyright issues. That is the main reason they didn't want any recording.

Can't tell if you're being sardonic or just simply don't get the show.

Not being sardonic, trying to understand the storyline. I wish it were a little clearer what was going on. The explanations here have helped, but as I watch the entire drill I end up missing the 1-2 person character action.

Well, I saw the new closer today. With that came some minor (lol, you'll get it later) and some major changes.

Without saying too much, the GE ties together PERFECTLY at the very end. I will say this, the new closer is GLORIOUS.. in my opinion the most beautiful moment of the show is in the new closer and hopefully you'll all be able to see it soon.

Generally speaking, I don't really wanna say much more, as you should go into it as a surprise, and I promise you won't be let down.

Crown - Way to blow me away once again.

• Like 3

As an adult you should feel embarrassed for asking someone to do this. This the kind of behavior that is going to cause rehearsals to be closed in the future if people cannot use common sense and wait for the organizations to release information when THEY seam it ready to release.

Please...this is not the NFL, this is a youth activity and reality is...the ending will surface, like it or not. If you do not want to look do not seek....

Well, I saw the new closer today. With that came some minor (lol, you'll get it later) and some major changes.

Without saying too much, the GE ties together PERFECTLY at the very end. I will say this, the new closer is GLORIOUS.. in my opinion the most beautiful moment of the show is in the new closer and hopefully you'll all be able to see it soon.

Generally speaking, I don't really wanna say much more, as you should go into it as a surprise, and I promise you won't be let down.

Crown - Way to blow me away once again.

Having also seen the new closer, I agree 100% with your assesment. Glorious is a perfect word to describe it, I'd also throw in brilliant.

Someone else asked if it will boost the GE score, I'd say absolutely! Whether its enough to beat the bluecoats I don't know, but they should be able to top the Blue Devils. Just my opinion of course, time will tell.

Sorry, but anyone who has followed the activity for more than a year or two should know that corps don't want their official ending recorded until they've at least performed it. I've been to many Bluecoats preseason rehearsals, due to them housing at my alma mater, and they've always asked to not record.

They should have known not to ask that. Especially since 99% of the population on DCP respect the corps enough to respect their wishes.

• Like 1

Uh? And who's fault is it, then?

Alright, alright. Let's not hype this thing up so much it can't possibly meet expectations. I have yet to see any new closer in any year completely blow me away. Can anyone recall one that did? ...or is that a different thread?