Regardless of final placement, your five most favorite shows

My list in order...

SCVanguard - Always a crowd pleaser, its a shame they don't score better. LIGHT 'em up!

Bluecoats - Show designs have been brilliant, fun to watch. Bloo will be the next new champion.

Cadets - Always loved them. Hated all the narration last year but "10" was great... I still call 'em Garfield.

Crown - Fun show to watch

Phantom - Loved the Claire De Lune

Honorable mention Blue Knights

Rarely making my list is Blue Devils, indisputably excellent, but not interested in seeing their shows more than once. What was "re-write of spring" all about?

• Like 1

1. Santa Clara Vanguard
2. Carolina Crown
3. Blue Knights
4. Boston Crusaders
5. Madison Scouts

Carolina Crown

Boston Crusaders

Colts

Academy

Troopers

HM Madison, and everyone else in pretty close order!

Crown

Blue Knights

Cadets

Madison

Troopers

Phantom- While I enjoyed the show they weren't my fav this year which the ussually are, but when you redo favorite pieces, the arrangments need to be as good or better and they were not.

HM:

Academy

Colts

Wow, there were a lot more votes than I thought. I weighted everything (1st got 5 points, 5th got 1 point), unless someone said "in no particular order" in which case I gave every corps 3 points. Wife/fiancee/significant other votes were also counted. If there were ties, I gave both corps that amount of points. If you voted for more than five, well, that wasn't the game, so only your top five counted (unless you specified ties, of course). Also Bearwy only gave 5 points to the Troopers, not 14, but even at 14 their score wouldn't increase enough to catch Scouts. Enjoy!

vxUrDf5.jpg

• Like 4

I find all of this most interesting and thank those who have attempted to quantify it. It's like a barrage of microscopic reviews!

Have to say, many liked Crown! Congratulations are in order.

Now we just need some sort of DCP medal ceremony and trophy to award. DCP...the People's Choice Award equivalent for DCI.

Regardless of the final placement this year at DCI my five most favorite shows of this summer were:

1. Bluecoats

2. Cadets

3. Madison Scouts

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cavaliers and/or Phantom Regiment

BAC and BD

ouooga-- Outstanding! You take the Gold Medal for Visual Graph Performance with a score of 9.7!

Looks like the community on this thread, overwhelmingly, favors show design that is drill, not prop, heavy; and design that highlights ensemble statements over individualized performance statements. I agree. My top 5:

1) Crown -- Visual demand on the musicians was off the charts. No other corps attempted anything close. To suggest otherwise is silliness.

2) 'Coats -- Super entertaining. Super cool design concept. If you haven't checked out the virtual choir, check it out. Very cool.

3) SCV -- Powerful musical ensemble. Awesome drill design. In Canton with the dim-ish lighting, the LED's looked sweet!

4) Troopers -- Not usually a fan, but this year they just gave it to us! Really liked their level of performance and energy. ...and the horses got away, they got away....

5) Cadets -- George Zingali was somewhere smiling....

Honorable mention: BD -- I could listen to it all day on a loop. Cavies -- High energy the whole show. Loved it!

Edited by Ryan Fischer