Introduction!

Hi, I'm new here (obviously) and just wanted to introduce myself quickly for optimum friend-making! I love making new drum corps friends because, living in Michigan, there are not many people around who know anything about DCI at all because we are out of the way.

• Well, my name is Abbey and I'm fifteen (I know, I know)!
  • I'm the junior drum major at my high school and this will be my second year in the position (I started as a sophomore).
  • My principle instrument is flute, which I have been playing for six years, but I have been learning trumpet for a few years now so I can participate in DCI.
  • I've been marching for five years (since I was eleven)! I'm about to turn sixteen, so, yes, it has been five years. I know my math ;)
  • I spent a season doing winter guard last year with MCGC.
  • Since I live about 45 minutes from where Legends is based out of, I plan to start there the summer after my senior year to get some experience before I head off to my dream corps.
  • My dream corps is the Bluecoats! I have been hooked on them since I saw their 2012 show, UnMasqued.
  • Willie Veenstra, the Bluecoats drum major for the past three years, is my ultimate goal in life. He is one of the best drum majors ever, in my opinion, and epitomizes everything a drum major should be. I'd give anything to wear that uniform.
  • I plan to major in either Music Performance or Music Ed at the University of Michigan and hopefully be in the marching band (if they let me lol).

So that's about all there is to know about me! Band is my life and I hope to meet some new DCI friends here. Thanks for reading!