Phantom Regiment 2016

Rumors going around about Regiment's new vis designer, too. Sounds like they are making a lot of moves towards younger, fresher designers. This guy is like Will's age.

Sounds like Regiment is addressing things completely differently than I expected. Trying to build young, keep the designers around for a while, and rebuild the brand with smart, new kids on the block.

I dig it. Finally sounds like they can get out of their rut.

Is this guy a Regiment Alum, who happens to do a lot of west coast movement stuff and has never worked with the corps? I think I have an idea of who it is. But that's purely conjecture.

Well probably good they didn't run what they were going to do past you to get your approval.

Sounds like Regiment is addressing things completely differently than I expected. Trying to build young, keep the designers around for a while, and rebuild the brand with smart, new kids on the block.

Is this guy a Regiment Alum, who happens to do a lot of west coast movement stuff and has never worked with the corps? I think I have an idea of who it is. But that's purely conjecture.

Over the recent decades, Regiment has surmounted a major financial challenge. While their business side of the operation has been much more positive, their resources are not the deep reserve of other organizations.

The "big salary" faculty "names" in the later part of this decade have not brought the competitive success some thought they might have bought.

The move to a more energetic, younger but talented and Regiment-knowledgeable staff might be a prudent move on a number of levels, some internal, some financial, jmho w/o any inside knowledge.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Did the guy youre thinking of use to work for Lawrence Central HS?

That depends on a few things. If DCI judging actually takes into account what is on the field despite who wrote it; If the new guys are better or worse than the old guys; both.

• Like 1