Phantom Regiment 2016

Introspection is a #####...almost as bas as getting phd-student-TTU to recognize he is a ###.

So is stooping to the level of someone that makes ridiculous comments.

I think the point of his post is that hiring all people that will simply do what they are told and may not express an opinion, might happen, and could be a bad thing.

There have been a number of talented people go through the ranks of PR and go to to great things both in and out of the organization, but hiring designers that aren't proven in many ways, may not be the best approach with all the criticism they've received in the past few seasons, especially on the design front.

IMO, Regiment needs to look at new blood, whether in/out of the organization for the role of program coordinator. That's the root of the design issues.

I agree whole heartedly with the idea of bringing in new people with fresh ideas/approaches. What I'm not fond of are certain individuals who, on an assumption, have it in their heads the person Regiment will pick is a spineless jellyfish who will do nothing to change the status quo? They have absolutely no clue who the corps is interviewing for the job. Then when someone calls them on it they respond with some off the wall comment about white people and their privilege.. Really???? Their stream of consciousness seems a bit off. Could it be a case of bad attention is better than no attention? Perhaps it's time to find a new audience for their show because they're losing it on this thread. Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

I think the point of his post is that hiring all people that will simply do what they are told and may not express an opinion, might happen, and could be a bad thing.

There have been a number of talented people go through the ranks of PR and go to to great things both in and out of the organization, but hiring designers that aren't proven in many ways, may not be the best approach with all the criticism they've received in the past few seasons, especially on the design front.

IMO, Regiment needs to look at new blood, whether in/out of the organization for the role of program coordinator. That's the root of the design issues.

AMEN!!!!!!!

I really hope who they get for visual design is proven and a true professional. The members of the phantom regiment are a talented bunch and I've grown tired the last few years not seeing them max out the potential of their talent because of design. Not getting the very best to create a good program for the members is a disservice to the corps, and in my opinion insulting to the membership.

I have a lot of confidence in Will Pitts. While some may look at his hiring as the typical phantom 'in the circle' hire, those who are familiar with him know that he is the real deal. I can't think of a visual guy 'in the circle' that I can say the same about however.

On an unrelated note I think most of us agree that phantom needs to stop going back to music they've done in the past. I was just thinking that I'd love to hear them do adagio for strings though. It hasn't really been done since the 90's, by SCV. The cadets version from a year or two ago doesn't really count, it was barely adagio. Yeah, another corps is known for the music, but other corps play music phantom is known for all the time so whatever.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 2

I really hope who they get for visual design is proven and a true professional. The members of the phantom regiment are a talented bunch and I've grown tired the last few years not seeing them max out the potential of their talent because of design. Not getting the very best to create a good program for the members is a disservice to the corps, and in my opinion insulting to the membership.

I have a lot of confidence in Will Pitts. While some may look at his hiring as the typical phantom 'in the circle' hire, those who are familiar with him know that he is the real deal. I can't think of a visual guy 'in the circle' that I can say the same about however.

On an unrelated note I think most of us agree that phantom needs to stop going back to music they've done in the past. I was just thinking that I'd love to hear them do adagio for strings though. It hasn't really been done since the 90's, by SCV. The cadets version from a year or two ago doesn't really count, it was barely adagio. Yeah, another corps is known for the music, but other corps play music phantom is known for all the time so whatever.

This is where I'm coming from with my comments, gtc2 just put it into better words.

Adagio was done in 2000 by SCV. Not sure why the version from Cadets 2013 is counted as "barely adagio"

Adagio was done in 2000 by SCV. Not sure why the version from Cadets 2013 is counted as "barely adagio"

90's, 2000, tomato, tomahto.

and it barely counted because they barely played it. It was more quotes of adagio mixed with quotes of other barber. Not saying it was a bad program or anything, it just was what it was and wasn't what it's not.