Phantom Regiment 2016

Disappointed that it's an all female guard again.

Are you disappointed that the Cavaliers are an All Male Guard ? The Cavs Guard used to top Phantom's Coed Guard a lot a few years back. But since Phantom has gone to an All Female Guard, Cavs Guard has fallen behind them, and other Coed Guards. And good grief, Madison's All Male Guard is really holding them back too. ( 10th &12th the last 2 years ). Neither of the Cavs, Madison's All Male Guards are anywhere near top tier anymore. They're terrible these days now, and holding both Corps back, imo. Not so Phantom's Guard. Its their strong suit for them.

Edited by BRASSO

Maybe with all the departures in their staff that are public either through personal pages, or announcements that are pending, they should take a look at leadership and consider a change.

It's clearly time for a new program coordinator yet that seems to be the constant.

As for the all-female guard-there's plenty of talent out there, good members, good design and instruction will help more than making the guard coed.

• Like 2

I hope Phantom Regiment keeps their change of a few years back to an All Female Guard. I love watching them perform. And way better than the All Male Guards too. Speaking of which.. I'd like to see both the Cavaliers and the Madison Scouts come into the 21st century. Neither look to me like they can compete any longer at the top tier levels of modern day DCI with their archaic, and outdated policies of remaining exclusionary to women.

Edited by BRASSO

I hope Phantom Regiment keeps their change of a few years back to an All Female Guard. I love watching them perform. And way better than the All Male Guards too. Speaking of which.. I'd like to see both the Cavaliers and the Madison Scouts come into the 21st century. Neither look to me like they can compete any longer at the top tier levels of modern day DCI with their archaic, and outdated policies of remaining exclusionary to women.

??? How is it that you support the exclusion of guys in Phantom but don't support the exclusion of women in Madison and Cavies. Both instances are of corps remaining true to their identities.

• Like 3

??? How is it that you support the exclusion of guys in Phantom but don't support the exclusion of women in Madison and Cavies. Both instances are of corps remaining true to their identities.

Easy answer. Phantom has most of their Corps Coed, and has for over half a century.. ( only their subsection Guard is currently All Female ). Cavaliers and Madison Scouts allow no women in ANY section of their Corps, and has excluded them from ALL sections for over half a century. Big difference, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

The lack of women in their ranks is not why either Scouts or Cavs have been lower scoring in the past few seasons.

Modern day DCI includes Cavaliers winning in the last decade (Machine, 2006.)

The lack of males in PRCG is not the reason the corps has been lower scoring since 2008.

All of the Midwestern drum corps have been lower scoring in the past decade, the coed ones and the all male corps.

2008 Regiment was an exception and if you are honest and remember, the treatment of women in that show got many negatives on DCP.

Edited by xandandl

lol, you made a funny.

I also like how you contradict yourself by saying Madison and Cavaliers are archaic for remaining true to their roots, and Phantom excluding guys in their guard is not.

Also, it's very choice of you to talk about Madison and Cavaliers not being competitively successful due to the gender of the corps, when many coed corps and guards are not on the same competitive level.

But keep going with those cute posts, they're delightful.

• Like 3