MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Dear Madison,

I recently read that you will grace the Left Coast with your presence. This is especially valuable to the fans out here who have always and always will love you.

Santa Clara has a limited tour of Cali - as there will be a Pacific Northwest component to the tour. In fact my alma mater isn't coming to SoCal...when I read that, I checked the schedule to see who would,

I was delighted to that; along with Concord, YOU will be coming to LA, OC, SD and the "Inland Empire."

That said, I look forward to your visit. I became a fan of you at age 14 (freshman yr - HS) the first time I saw/heard a DCI recording. I've lost to you, beaten you, arced it up with you to play 'Concierto' and "You'll Never Walk Alone." I bought your "Thru the Years" 2-cd set in 1996 the first time I met you live, and I listened to it so many times I'm now due to buy a THIRD copy (wear/tear/scratches happen when you spin a cd a million times). I did countless parades, shows, standstills and shared reh. sites with you. Always a class act.

I'm certain I'm not alone when I say I'll be at many of your CA shows, I will replace the CDs and buy some other schwag at your souvie booth. You will be grateful for coming here I hope...I'll be doing my best to show my appreciation.

Thanks in advance for walking with me -- again.... in 2016,

Much Love,

Tapper

• Like 2

Mylar snare heads? Interesting. Liked the slightly darker / less "funk" sound of the drums in this one.

Mike

They used Mylar heads at this point last year as well, then changed them.

I wish they'd keep them- love the darker sound. Sounding great guys!

Momentary hijack but do the drum heads make that much of a difference in the sound? I've always wondered what made Phantom 1996's drumline sound so... Deep and heavy. Any insight?