MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Some good new info on the Scouts Facebook page added today re. the 2016 show, along with glimpse of the Madison's Percussion section that looks and sounds good to my ears.

Scouts will utilize an electric guitarist for a portion of the show this season. ' Looking forward to that new twist from them too.

I don't think there will be an actual guitarist, only sound bites from the front ensemble of an electric guitar.

• Like 1

IIRC, a staff member mentioned a live guitarist. Am I going crazy?

No, you'tr probably just dazzled by the new caption: "Strings." And the nominees are: Madison, Crown, Boston, and Cadets.

Ho, hum. It's getting to be like the novelty of trombones: everybody has to have them.

IIRC, a staff member mentioned a live guitarist. Am I going crazy?

Their sound designer made that happen, as well as other things you'll hear so they are not sampling from pre-recorded sources, but no, not a live guitar player.

My son should be doing that for BD but they told me the logistics of using guitar would be very hard to pull off. He put his guitar studies in back in favor of a percussion degree as it would afford him a better position as band director.

They will make people very happy this year. I've seen considerable amounts of footage and those still ragging on the corps or have them moving down, or not moving up will be sorely mistaken.