MADISON SCOUTS 2016

'Welcome to this West Side,..... We love you Madison. Can't wait to see you at The Rose Bowl and planning to buy schwag. (How do they say it on 'Silicon Valley'?.....shhhhhwwwwaaaaaggg!!!) Especially the "Through the Years" CD set I which wore out entirely. Please Californians; show Madison some love. Any idea about the cost and logistics of moving a corps from Whitewater to Oceanside? Thank you so much for coming out Scouts. Avoiding all the YT stuff, want to hear you LIVE!

Also .... BUMP!

• Like 2

Yeah, DCI yanked that video pretty darn quick. Oh well, at least I got to see them do the show in uniform for the first time and will get to see them live at least twice this year!

#ResurgenceIsReal

I clicked on your link & received this from the genius leadership at DCI:

"Madison Scouts at Stanford ..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Drum Corps International".

Great idea to limit exposure to potential fans, marching members & sponsors to a niche activity like drum & bugle corp.

Yes, I'm sure they are doing it just to spite you and other fans. I mean, it couldn't be a part of their contract obligations obtaining sync licencing rights that they are required to police YouTube to remove free recordings, so that they maximize the DVD sales, from which the rights holders get a cut. No - that couldn't be the reason.

• Like 1

"Judas" is a freakin emotional roller coaster ride at 200mph and I love it!!!!!

• Like 1

"Madison Scouts at Stanford ..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Drum Corps International".

Great idea to limit exposure to potential fans, marching members & sponsors to a niche activity like drum & bugle corp.

That would be the "genius" leadership at DCI PROTECTING the corps - like Madison - from

getting their pants sued off of them by any number of copy rite owners. We live in a litigious society and it's open season on even the smallest violation.

By the way, DCI is the Corps themselves, genius!

• Like 1

Yea, they should leave it up and deal with the financial and legal implications.

Great idea!

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll.

Shouldn't they have secured the rights to the video already? Also, I found out you can put videos up as long as they are for educational use and have paid the rights. There are several WGI shows straight from WGI cameras up there (Box 6 production shows)

That's been taken care of, but that doesn't mean they should allow a bootleg video up. That's the issue.