MADISON SCOUTS 2016

The Corps that eventually will wind up just outside of a Finals spot are all terrifically talented Corps this season.

Exactly. Why have Drum Corps abandoned their home cities? No wonder they don't get much local support anymore.

Honestly I would like to see DCI pass a rule that requires all Drum Corps to hold camps & practices in their hometown.

and I guess you have to also get the home city to provide such places and force local bands to make sure their kids attend and to build a wall around the home city to keep the un desirable's out....gotcha ! :satisfied:

• Like 1

I am pulling for the Scouts to make finals.

Me too. Can't quite figure out why this thread has gone off the rails. Go Scouts!

Well, I'm no judge, but I'm telling you - Madison finishes 13th on Friday night. It's done. I can see this train coming from a mile away.

Judas ?... is that you ? I can't make out of its you or not, as you're a mile away.

• Like 1

The Scouts were awesome in Allentown, they had a tremendous amount of energy/volume and the crowd fed off of it. I really hope they make finals, as I want both the Scouts and the Academy on the blu-ray discs :music: .

I enjoyed this show much more than their show last year.

Good luck the rest of the way!

• Like 1

Drum Corps aren't doing enough to recruit local members. Why aren't more local bandos signing up for Drum Corps? Why havent Drum Corps been able to forge close relationships with local bands? Its ironic & odd that Drum Corps has pretty much devolved into marching band, & show audiences are mostly bandos, yet Drum Corps have difficulty recruiting local band students. Perhaps the out of state camps & tryouts would yield a better ROI if that time & effort was spent locally? The current national recruiting model is a mess that cant be sustained long term.

Because they can't afford to March "just for fun" anymore. You have to seriously want to do it to invest $3k in ONE summer. My 3 seasons cost me $1700 total.

• Like 1

Ok, then the mind of Michelle Bachman, or Laura Ingram, or Michelle Malkin, .... Anywhoot, best wishes to the Scouts on making Finals.

Well there's a mixed bag of nuts....lol..couldnt help myself..sorry STU, no offence to your mate at all.

What happened to the MAdison thread. AS far as the competition for 12th. 1st everyone was not together. next , even by scores it's not like those fighting for 12th all of a sudden went 5 points above the other. So best suggestion is FIGHT FOR IT!

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1