Spirit of Atlanta

I can assure you... Jeff is the right person in the interim, and we are grateful the former Chair stepped down. She did what was right... I was not privy to certain alumni conversations, but the trust level we have in Jeff has brought this alumni group to life like nothing I've ever seen before. Many of us alums felt alone until we had been called upon by the rally cry.

Like many alumni rallies, this rally (I said RALLY, not take over... This is not what this was) was epic and should be remembered as calculated, articulated, and well managed by all involved. Of course, Annette is an alum and always will be! She did the right thing here.

Edited by jsualumnus

Great news indeed! Now I hope they can find a very strong director for the corps and fill that position quickly.

I have "heard" they have someone-just have to released it publically yet. Hopefully soon.

Well, if the new guy has a clue at all, he will reach out to that group that pulled off the 2011- 2013 miracles. Not necessarily to re-hire them, etc., but to nform himself as to the insights, strategies they employed to get the corps back into finals, and to stay there, to gain a fan base, to deal with dis-unified alumni, to keep their staff in place for three + years, to deal with an incomplete and weak board. Too much at stake to not be completely informed. Too much at stake to not cover all basis. Too much at stake to not be humble and open. Here's hoping this person in charge isn't simply looking of for a toy to play with, but one who gets that this is not a backyard, throw-together, merely keep-kids-off-the-street, mid-life crisis hobby.

Jeff is the right person, at the right time. His business savvy (he rescued a revived a failing business that is now one of the leaders in the industry), his corporate experience before that, his drum corps experience and his passion for his "home drum corps" will serve the corps well. It is very much not a "toy" to him. He's stepped in because he loves the corps and loves the activity.

I look forward to seeing where the corps goes moving forward under his leadership for the board.

AA

• Like 2

Jeff is the right person, at the right time. His business savvy (he rescued a revived a failing business that is now one of the leaders in the industry), his corporate experience before that, his drum corps experience and his passion for his "home drum corps" will serve the corps well. It is very much not a "toy" to him. He's stepped in because he loves the corps and loves the activity.

I look forward to seeing where the corps goes moving forward under his leadership for the board.

AA

Completely agree with this ^^^

Great move Spirit!!! Now, let's reestablish that great identity!!!

Edited by Madcityscout

You do realize he's being brought onto the board. Who is being named Director?

I think it was a bad idea to remove JW. A director is only as good as good with a board that is strong and supportive. I think JW got a raw deal.

Yes. But it doesn't matter who the director is if the BoD lets the corps fall apart financially. Jeff should get the corps back on track on that side, which will make the directorship more relevant.