The Cavaliers 2016

There's that section around the percussion feature, Symphony for Band - West Point I believe, where the guard seems to do something a little similar to the this is my rifle drill from 2010.

...or at least that what I saw...

I liked that too.

Lots of Cavalier type visuals.

Trombones seem appropriate Lollapalooza.

• Like 1

I really really enjoy the show from an entertainment aspect. Most of the early brass moments are fantastic, but their are some weird moments in the middle that need to get ironed out from an effect/design point of view. The drill is quite pleasing even in the dirty state that it's in right now. The drums sound awesome and are staged well. And I'm just getting started on how phenomenal the guard looks in comparison to recent years. Ensemble rifle? And for an extended amount of time. As well as a guard feature? Brilliant drill integration for them as well.

As an alumni I am very pleased with the progression and direction of the corps. And maybe I just have green colored glasses but I think they compete for 6th place again.

I really really enjoy the show from an entertainment aspect. Most of the early brass moments are fantastic, but their are some weird moments in the middle that need to get ironed out from an effect/design point of view. The drill is quite pleasing even in the dirty state that it's in right now. The drums sound awesome and are staged well. And I'm just getting started on how phenomenal the guard looks in comparison to recent years. Ensemble rifle? And for an extended amount of time. As well as a guard feature? Brilliant drill integration for them as well.

As an alumni I am very pleased with the progression and direction of the corps. And maybe I just have green colored glasses but I think they compete for 6th place again.

Totally agree. Good comments.

I think 6th is possible this year. Going to be a hard job getting there, but they're capable.

• Like 1

Really like this show!

I think where they finish is going to be a result of what other corps are doing, and not because they have a bunch of flaws, get sick, ect. They have a LOT of stiff competition this year, but on the surface it feels modern, well paced, well designed, and strong across the board.

Most importantly, it has that Cavaliers swagger back. I missed that.

Edited by DrumManTx

Wow. I just watched the video of their show. I am amazed. I had thought, after last year, they were going to fall further this year. I must say, I think that thought was extremely wrong. I think this may be their best show since 2011. I love the guard work, and the drill is quite good too. Looking forward to seeing them further.

Wow....this has a lot of "potential" at this time. I will be very interested to see where they take this.

There are a lot of great things about this show. I would predict they end the season in 5th or 6th place. Lots of great Cavalier style drill, and great music. I thought the megaphone was a little much. Maybe it was just the mic placement, but it really distracted from the great show. Can't wait to see this show live. I thought the uniforms looked great on the field too.