Epiphany: Phantom should do New World in 2016!

I was thinking about Phantom 1989 last night, wondering why Phantom hasn't revisted New World Symphony yet (since revisting their popular shows from the 80s has proven successful at least once before). For kicks, I did some math. 2008 (Spartacus) minus 1981 (Spartacus) equals 27 years. And 2016 minus 1989 (New World Symphony) also equals 27 years.

Fine, the 27 years part is meaningless, but I'd still love to see Phantom's New World Symphony make a comeback. What say you DCP?

I was thinking about Phantom 1989 last night, wondering why Phantom hasn't revisted New World Symphony yet (since revisting their popular shows from the 80s has proven successful at least once before). For kicks, I did some math. 2008 (Spartacus) minus 1981 (Spartacus) equals 27 years. And 2016 minus 1989 (New World Symphony) also equals 27 years.

Fine, the 27 years part is meaningless, but I'd still love to see Phantom's New World Symphony make a comeback. What say you DCP?

Nah. Phantom 1989 is a classic. Don't want to ruin it. Spartacus was not a classic.

• Like 1

It's interesting that 1989 was the second time Phantom Regiment played the New World Symphony in a second-place show.

Well, the New World Symphony is certainly in the public domain.

I'm not sure anything could top that arrangement of New World. That was incredible. It was even crazy that they featured a bari and sop soloist that were the two individual champions for '89.

• Like 3

I'm not sure anything could top that arrangement of New World. That was incredible. It was even crazy that they featured a bari and sop soloist that were the two individual champions for '89.

I did not know they were the I&E champs. Interesting.

Great show.

James and Tim had the solos in 89, James and Mike won individuals.

Video of James playing Carnival of Venice on a G baritone... WOW!!!!!

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=209938482

The I&E sop champ couldn't even score the solo? or did Tim not compete in I&E?