Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

JSD=just see dirt

That's all I can see...I Just See Dirt.

Just having some fun with you jsd. May the BEST corps be the 2016 World Champion!!!

Sure! That's not what it stands for, but I'll roll with it from now on.

Thanks for having fun. And, I agree...may the best corps win tomorrow.

Maybe you should get points for holding a grudge against me from a totally different thread...

Lighten up, Francis. You're not the only person on this forum who has experience in drum corps.

• Like 1

I disagree.

Too much dirt in the feet that they are getting away with.

In my opinion, you have a bad eye or you're just talking trash. I saw Bluecoats live last night in the Oil Can. They were fabulous. The feet are very good. Are they perfect? No, but I'd hardly call them sloppy or dirty. Are they as clean as BD in visual ex? No, but they are not that far off. Are they [bloo] better than most? Yes. And they have the killer brass, drums, guard, and GE to go with it.

Your comment above assumes two things: 1) your definition of dirty is poorly used, and 2) you feel the judges are not so good at their job and are letting the Bluecoats get away with something. These are the same judges (trained by DCI) who have helped your corps (BD) win 17 titles. I'm sure you felt they were wonderful judges then. But now they are no good.

Just wanted to say thank you to Blooooo for giving us such an entertaining show every year, and while I hope it ends on top tonight, regardless of what ends up happening, I will be playing this show over and over! I love this show! Go Blooooooooooooo!!!!

• Like 5

Feel like, and understandably so if I was a homer of someone else, that everyone is picking Bluecoats to fall, topple, peak, ect. After last year, that's understandable. I have a gut feeling that these next three days are going to be very good to Bluecoats. They've had success the back half of the season across all panels of judges. Just need to kick up the cleanliness a notch and keep the energy climbing and it's definitely possible for this thing to happen.

And once again, for the 3rd year in a row, they've awed me, wowed me, gave me feelings like no other corps ever has in drum corps. They make me feel like a new fan year after year, succeeding when everyone thought they'd be a one hit wonder flash in the bottle corps. Win or not, they've proven they are one of the elites now. Winning might make everyone else feel that way but I've felt that way since I heard the pitch bend back in June of 2014 the first time. One of the few shows where my enjoyment never falters.

And if someone else shall win, they will definitely have earned it and I'll congratulate them even if I am a little dissapointed. Don't think I've seen 3 corps so worthy of winning in my time as a fan since late 2008. Best of luck to the other two, but my heart is definitely with the Bluecoats.

In short. Bloo.

:)

Yup. I was in awe last nite; having watched this from preseason; and what it has transformed into now.

This is your night Bluecoats! Treasure it, savor it, lock it in your hearts forever! I hope you win but if things turn out differently, just know you pushed this activity beyond any in my marching generation thought possible. Bring it home!

• Like 2

What an amazing season for the Bluecoats. I have been able to see them live about 9 times this year from Boston to Florida to Allentown, and each time the show, and how the members perform it, has been exhilarating and moving to watch. And in a year of some exceptional shows from the Blue Devils, Carolina Crown and others, how awesome to be a part of such a season. All the best tonight-you got a great show, the crowd loves you, and I am wishing for Bluecoats to be announced last tonight.

What an amazing season for the Bluecoats. I have been able to see them live about 9 times this year from Boston to Florida to Allentown, and each time the show, and how the members perform it, has been exhilarating and moving to watch. And in a year of some exceptional shows from the Blue Devils, Carolina Crown and others, how awesome to be a part of such a season. All the best tonight-you got a great show, the crowd loves you, and I am wishing for Bluecoats to be announced last tonight.

What I love about the last three years of Bluecoats is that it just seems like the kids love to be out there, regardless of what their point totals may be. The producers have created show concepts that require amazing creativity from the staff, and equal commitment from the kids. They all go out there to entertain, have fun, and blow your face off.

To me, seeing the soloists getting into the other soloists performances is just amazing, and of course the wink says it all.

Whether you love or hate this show and what it entails, you certainly should love the fun, energy, excitement and creativity it is bringing to the field. It reminds me a lot of when BD started to get into their groove, and predictably caught all kinds of crap for their dramatic style of show production.

For me, whether they win tonight or not, this will go down as one of the truly seminal moments in DCI history. And it was put on the field by kids who, from the very first reveal, just played and marched the heck out of it!

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 3