Why are there so many less DCP DCA fans posting since 2012"ish&#34

And Jackie Coogan (60s Uncle Fester) was a child actor in silent films. Check out Charlie Chaplins "The Kid", yeah future Uncle Fester....

Remember reading he REALLY wanted the part but was turned down on his casting call. He got upset, shaved his head, put on that weird outfit and walked into the directors office unannounced talking in that high pitched voice. After everyone picked their jaws off the ground he got the part.

That could get a guy elected president in 2016 !!!!!

• Like 1

That could get a guy elected president in 2016 !!!!!

Well he wasn't a lawyer but child actors could thank him for the "Coogans Law" protecting them from their parents/guardians. Coogan became of age and found out his parents had spent almost all of the millions he earned as a child. Parents excuse was "whatever kids make belong to the parents". He sued, got almost nothing after expenses and later the law was became enacted. Think it was under that law that Gary Coleman sued his parents some years back. According to wiki he also flew dangerous WWII missions behind the lines in Burma. (Someone should write a book on Fester)

Edit: Holy crap... married to Betty Grable for two years.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I have to teach a Film class this year and we just finished The Kid! Coogan was amazing as a young lad!

You all sound like Coogan experts....

:ninja:

• Like 2

You all sound like Coogan experts....

:ninja:

Think most of us were kids in the 60s..... Under the watchful eye of the boob tube.....

The Coogans Law bit I still remember when he was on "This is Your Life". Probably because he looked so sad when they went over that part of his life. (Hey Uncle Fester is supposed to be happy.) My family didn't watch TIYL but if one of the Addams Family was on I had to watch.

And just killing time until this weekend.... :cool:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

• 2 weeks later...