2015 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

Anyone have an idea of when the caption results from Prelims will be posted? I would have thought they would have been up already.

I believe it is traditional for the caption results for DCA Prelims and Finals not to be made public until after Finals.

I don't know why that is. Can anybody here explain that?

Presumably the corps aren't even told the caption results, or we'd hear some of them leaked every year. But do the corps at least get the judges' tapes from Prelims?

• Like 1

I have posted the pictures that I took at Prelims today on Facebook. Here is a link to the album, so that each corps may see them and share them, so all the other members of the corps can see them too. They should be very public and if someone want the original files I can send them.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10204898226516808.1073741869.1274414610&type=1&l=913120ae02

Great pictures.

I don't remember us being able to get the caption results or at least they weren't discussed after prelims. But I had figured it was because we were on the other side of wire as it were. Now as a fan, I am very interested in the individual sections within each corps.

I believe it is traditional for the caption results for DCA Prelims and Finals not to be made public until after Finals.

I don't know why that is. Can anybody here explain that?

Presumably the corps aren't even told the caption results, or we'd hear some of them leaked every year. But do the corps at least get the judges' tapes from Prelims?

If I recall correctly, and I may be wrong----it's because the caption awards are based off of the prelim scores per caption; and those awards are not given out until finals.

Yes, the corps do receive the judges prelims tapes.

Edited by bill

I do believe that that was changed awhile ago so all captions are from finals not prelims

• Like 1

Caption awards are based on the average score of Prelims and Finals in each respective area.

Prelim scores from each judge are kept secret from the public and the Finals panel to allow them to judge what they see and hear that night.

The last time they did that was 2010

... they switched it back in 2011

Edited by AoEnut

Was that the penalty that hit Carolina Gold? The metronome was audible for about a minute as Alliance was setting up, then it stopped (some audience members applauded at that point), but then it reappeared for another 30 seconds or so about a minute into Alliance's performance.

But while that was particularly obnoxious, and certainly should have been penalized, the warm-up zone in that area is just too darn close to the stadium. During almost every ballad, I could hear another corps' battery playing in that location.

Gold's penalty was for being 4 seconds under time. We weren't warming up during Alliance's performance, nor did any of our captions have a met.

Gold's penalty was for being 4 seconds under time. We weren't warming up during Alliance's performance, nor did any of our captions have a met.

Thanks for confirming. I wonder whose metronome it was (and why it didn't generate a penalty).