Brief DCA impressions

Yea, it really crippled them something fierce this weekend, that's for sure. The simple fact is that each non-NE region had at least two *full DCA panel* shows. They got accurate reads by the same judges that they'd see over two nights in Rochester.

Facts are hard, yo.

Hey CV got a accurate and reflective read this year I'll give u that . They got 2nd in gaurd and 3rd in visual . Beating your corps in those categories BTW :)

Anyways I digress. For them to move forward they are going to have to quit coming up from the rear and lead from the front . It's much easier to pull up from say 4th to 3rd than it is from 8th to 5th

Just saying :)

Facts are facts yo!

Hey CV got a accurate and reflective read this year I'll give u that . They got 2nd in gaurd and 3rd in visual . Beating your corps in those categories BTW :)

Anyways I digress. For them to move forward they are going to have to quit coming up from the rear and lead from the front . It's much easier to pull up from say 4th to 3rd than it is from 8th to 5th

Just saying :)

Facts are facts yo!

Ed, stop it. You don't know what you are talking about.

The out of region corps get good DCA reads. The lack of shows might affect seeding, but it's clearly not hurting them for anything other than prelims performance order. Atlanta CV moved up not because of judging, but simply because they brought their best-ever corps to Rochester. There's no conspiracy holding back non-NE corps, and there never has been.

You continue to espouse your (flawed) opinions disguised as facts, and it's insulting to corps like Minnesota, Atlanta, Govies, etc. Heck, the last time I checked, Govies have several championships to their name. They wouldn't have won them if your theories were anything more than complete and utter nonsense.

• Like 1

Ed, stop it. You don't know what you are talking about.

The out of region corps get good DCA reads. The lack of shows might affect seeding, but it's clearly not hurting them for anything other than prelims performance order. Atlanta CV moved up not because of judging, but simply because they brought their best-ever corps to Rochester. There's no conspiracy holding back non-NE corps, and there never has been.

You continue to espouse your (flawed) opinions disguised as facts, and it's insulting to corps like Minnesota, Atlanta, Govies, etc. Heck, the last time I checked, Govies have several championships to their name. They wouldn't have won them if your theories were anything more than complete and utter nonsense.

Well your right about one thing . They did bring their beat corps to Rochester this year .

Best of luck to YOUR team next season

Let me try and bring a little first hand perspective that might help clear things up. First, coming to the northeast more than once just isn't a financial option. It takes 20K to move CV out of the parking lot. That's a fact, and it just isn't something we can do more than once a year, besides Championships. Sooooo....the more travel argument is really a moot point. Secondly, this year was a strange year for us. This show was very late to bloom. It really didn't start coming together until the last month or so. The early reads we got at Gold's and Alliance's shows were pivotal to helping us bring the product to it's ultimate conclusion. Yes, there is no doubt that not having a show the weekend before Championships cost us a few seeding spots for prelims but it also allowed us a full rehearsal weekend to finish up the design and performance issues that were needed.

As Chris Romanowski, our percussion caption head, told us, seedings don't matter. Just go out and make them give you a number. That's what we tried to focus on.

Atlanta CV isn't going to complain about disadvantages we may or may not have. We're just going to try to get better...day after day, year after year. We figure that's all we can control. Had a blast with my CV family this summer.

• Like 9

Another issue we have to factor in is that it would next to impossible to get other corps to attend. With the long journey to Rochester looming the following week, it's unlikely even the other southern corps would forego their final full weekend of cleaning/rehearsal to travel to a show. Two trips within about 5 day window at the end of the season just wouldn't make sense for anyone - and that's not even considering the cost.

• Like 4

Another issue we have to factor in is that it would next to impossible to get other corps to attend. With the long journey to Rochester looming the following week, it's unlikely even the other southern corps would forego their final full weekend of cleaning/rehearsal to travel to a show. Two trips within about 5 day window at the end of the season just wouldn't make sense for anyone - and that's not even considering the cost.

I had not even considered that you would get more cleaning done "at home" vs. two consecutive weekends on long, EXPENSIVE road trips..... nice call and the results speak for themselves....... you played your hand quite well, as evidenced by the body of work right from your first contest appearance !

• Like 1

And who wants to subject the members to a long tailed bus trip just before DCA? For those members who work it's probably hard enough to take off for DCA and then ask your boss to do it twice. Remember when DCA tried to expand west when "west" was Canton, OH. Show Sat night in Canton, show Sunday afternoon in Erie and get home late Sun night/Mon morning. Annnnnd back to work in a few hours...... Takes a while for the body to recover even when one is younger. Yeah clean up and rest up the week before DCA.

LOL longest corps trip I ever had was PA to New Orleans (23 hrs 45 min) by bus. We were at a show the next weekend and supposedly there was a timing problem and we never got a score. I say "supposedly" because I still don't remember it., Fran Haring saw us getting off the buses and that show and said we looked beat from the NO trip.

• Like 1