DCA Finals! Couchmen Application Edition!

Have seen the MST3K crew live when they were doing Cinematic Titanic, was a gas. I could do a rather good TV's Frank. Heck, I have very good bona fide DCI East Prelims Heckler Credentials. Klesch is prolly still trying to figure out who that was in '91. His panicked look after the wolf howl when the guys in the guard laid down on top of the girls (I'm not making this up, folks...)...., PRICELESS. :ph34r: (Was at WCU when he was wrapping up... he needed that, the corps deserved it.......) :wink:

Hmm... Chris, if you're a MSTie, you should get who the avvy is here... though I do bear some resemblance in RL, though my knees are normal and I don't carry a staff around. :laugh:

I absolutely appreciate it. hahahaha. i've never seen them live though. I do think it would be great to have a podcast that operates like soccer's "Men in Blazers". You watch a show or two, comment before, during, after, rewind bits. Rinse, repeat. Point out that this is just a silly activity that gets us all riled up at each other. Poke bears about design choices, wardrobe malfunctions, and mock both the activity, and ourselves mercilessly.

i have loved the Cabs since the first time I saw them as a member of the Racine Scouts. It was 1958, the American Legion contest at Soldier Field Chicago Illinois. I was mesmerized by them. The Skokie Indians were supposed to win the show that night, at least that was the rumor in the midwest. But when the Cabs stepped off the line I knew it was never gone to happen. I had never seen anything so magical. So when I see them struggle currently, I am left somewhat miffed as to what is happening. I say "struggle" because I am so accustomed to seeing them at the top, and 3rd and fourth place just does not do it for me. Right now they are where the Buccaneers used to be years ago-close to he top but not there. I have been going to DCA since 1970 when I marched with the "Boys of 76" and now I am there as a spectator. I go with a couple buddies who have been involved in the activity as long as I have. One of them is a DCA/DCI judge. He judged the DCA prelims in 2010 and put the Cabs 2 points down in M and M. He hasn't judged DCA since but I believe that is because he is from Wisconsin and DCA has enough judges nearby. He has been pretty much on the button on his assessment of the cabs show every year that he has come up with me. In fact he has called the winner these last four years. His assessment this year: 'the Cabs show does not flow throughout i.e. it is not connected in total. It has some great high points but not enough. My thought--Maybe it is time for a new program/show designer???????? I look at the Governairs and year after year they have a small corp but inevitably their overall show is great.