What a DC Nut gets for his Birthday - how 'bout you?

OK I've got not so standard tastes so sis-in-law and sister usually get me Amazon or eBay gift cards so I can look for the offbeat stuff....

In the past have gotten some books of corps history on Boys of 76 (1919-1946), Racine corps pics and Watkins Glen Squires. Plus some Archer Epler and Skokie Indian standstill vinyl.

This year had to dig a bit more and found a book on Horlick Field and the corps shows thru the years. Haven't read too much yet because of DCA but notice a pair of DCPers are mentioned. HornsUp gave a memory that I noticed and Tom P talked about the 72 Sr exhibition on the way to AL Nats. (Might have a cassette recording of that I bought about years ago hope it's still good if I can find it.)

LOL rest of card spent on another Looney Tune Spotlight Collect set of DVDs and "Charlie Chan at Treasure Island" (San Francisco). Yeah know how stupid it was that CC was played by white actors. But liked those movies when I was young and this is a better one... and my wife and I did spend time in SF and I stayed at TI for a few days when it was a Navy Base.... and main suspect in this one is a young Ceasar (Joker from 60s Batman TV show) Romero. So tonight either more Bugs Bunny and Porky (wifes favorite) or picking out SF landmarks and "Joker" 25 years before he played the part.

So what DC presents have you received?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

• 4 months later...

For my birthday last November - a custom designed championship ring to commemorate my membership in the 2002 DCA Mini-Corps Champion Erie Thunderbirds.

• Like 1