DVD vs BluRay

Ordering some media for the first time. Leaning toward getting the high camera DVD, but wondering if the Blu-Ray is worth it. Is it?

Is the quality that much better? Have the BluRays ever included more than one view?

http://dcacorps.3dcartstores.com/Media_c_9.html

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

Ordering some media for the first time. Leaning toward getting the high camera DVD, but wondering if the Blu-Ray is worth it. Is it?

Is the quality that much better? Have the BluRays ever included more than one view?

http://dcacorps.3dcartstores.com/Media_c_9.html

Absolutely get the Blue Ray. There's really no choice if you want the best possible quality. Here's a side by side comparison of DVD vs BlueRay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtktg9hbC_g

Oofda ... the original coloring of the scenes inside the Nebuchadnezzar is painful to look at. Also, I still wonder what the Matrix trilogy would look like if the Wachowski's didn't disappear up their own collective ### in the 2nd and 3rd films.

Back on topic: the only things keeping me from purchasing the BluRay are 1) the apparent lack of a high camera option, and 2) the possibility that the camera edits might not be very good. I talked to a friend that has the 2014 disc, and he said that they didn't change any edits from the day of the show to production.

Oofda ... the original coloring of the scenes inside the Nebuchadnezzar is painful to look at. Also, I still wonder what the Matrix trilogy would look like if the Wachowski's didn't disappear up their own collective ### in the 2nd and 3rd films.

Back on topic: the only things keeping me from purchasing the BluRay are 1) the apparent lack of a high camera option, and 2) the possibility that the camera edits might not be very good. I talked to a friend that has the 2014 disc, and he said that they didn't change any edits from the day of the show to production.

Not True

thank you

Edited by brigscadm

Lack of post production...everything is re edited, color graded, re mixed and re encoded....the information you received was as far from the truth as could be. Dca does not put the high cam on the BD due to lack of demand....thanks

What's not true? The lack of the high camera option or the supposed lack of post-show editing?

how is Fusions Empire State of Mind not going to be blacked out like Madison 2011?

Jeff, I wondered the exact same thing and in fact I turned to my wife when I heard it and said it had already failed to get permission when Madison played it.

I think the issue with Madison was because Alicia Keys/ Jay - Z was doing a big show and they didn't want there to be anyone else doing the song leading up to the show so while it was approved early on, they withheld their permission shortly before championships?

I remember hearing something along those line, but I can be wrong.