Cadets 2016

Tobias

The title is stupid.

ask 100,000 people what they think of when they hear the word "stoned", I will guarantee that not a single one of them will say "Oh, statues becoming human or vice versa."

Here's to 8 months pot jokes.

Hopefully, The Cadets will get a" Statue" of Limitations with that.

• Like 1

Yeah, but that's all besides the point. MY point is there should not be such a big deal about the name of a show that I'm almost sure will fit with the theme they will try to portray next summer. I think it's being blown way out of proportion (at least on here anyway). For example, look back a couple pages at the exchange I had with one of the posters who threatened to stop donating to the corps because of the name of the show. Stuff like that implies that it is taken way too seriously for a drum corps show that most likely will not be about the promotion of drugs.

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-quot

• Like 1

I am not of the school that "any publicity is good publicity". Overall, the reception of show title has not been entirely positive. Like it or not, I think we can all agree on that. In the long run, what really matters is how the Cadets' members feel about it - it's going to be their show. I wouldn't have picked "Stoned" as my show title, but I'm sure looking forward to see what they do with it.

Hopefully, The Cadets will get a" Statue" of Limitations with that.

The thing that kills me is.... Just drop the "D".

STONE

No connotations of being blitzed out of your mind. No callbacks to primitive forms of capital punishment.

The title just brings to mind so many more things than what the show is apparently supposed to be about.... I don't get why they'd go the route they did except to cause some faux controversy.

I'd just rather The Cadets be the talk of DCP because they're kicking ### and taking names... not for yet another Hop-manufactured "idea".

• Like 2

The title of the show is mindnumbingly dumb. I like the trombones in the opener, however.

• Like 2

I sense a lot of you are auditioning for the role of "disgruntled fan" in that reality show. Let me know when the producers contact you for you interview on camera.

• Like 4

Well...the guard will be a lot cleaner this year (frozen as statues for the entire show) :ninja:

come on, i'm just kidding guys

hahahaha - is it bad I thought of the exact same thing :)