Cadets 2016

Tobias

Cadets practice days in Chattanooga/Red Bank/UTC are traditionally very productive. Hope the pattern repeats.

Agreed. Hopefully they have a productive day and a good run tomorrow night.

I'm guessing you have never heard of the work ethic of the unprecedented 17 time DCI World Champions. They clean up pretty nicely too Georgy.

Yes, but the Cadets have (randomly assigned numbers) 20 things that have a lot of room to clean. BD has (again, randomly assigned, I'm not into the whole judging things) 10 things that have small increments of room to clean. Ounce of ounce, Cadets right now have more "oomph" to get by cleaning than the BD at this point.

Obviously, the BD work their tails off and aren't eating frozen grapes and bon-bons at this point in the season.

• Like 1

Yes, but the Cadets have (randomly assigned numbers) 20 things that have a lot of room to clean. BD has (again, randomly assigned, I'm not into the whole judging things) 10 things that have small increments of room to clean. Ounce of ounce, Cadets right now have more "oomph" to get by cleaning than the BD at this point.

Obviously, the BD work their tails off and aren't eating frozen grapes and bon-bons at this point in the season.

No one is saying otherwise

No one is saying otherwise

Contextually, Poppycock's response to your (I believe, I can't go back a screen to cross-check) reference to the Cadet's work ethic was "BD works hard too" (all roughly paraphrased). Therefore, yes, so while not stated explicitly, there is the implication that someone works harder than the other. Which, obviously isn't true - but given those two statements, I gave the following assessment that both corps can work exceptionally hard, but there's more room for Cadets improvement via low-hanging fruit, therefore the equally hard work would (should?) get more score oomph to the Cadets.

Maybe I connected the dots in ways that neither poster intended via the responses, but that's how it read from the non-involved observer.

Go Cadets.

I got that. I was reiterating for clarity that I did not post that cadets have a superior work ethic, simply that they have a great one. People really need to stop reacting and instead respond.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

I got that. I was reiterating for clarity that I did not post that cadets have a superior worm ethic, simply that they have a great one. People really need to stop reacting and instead respond.

This year, I think if anyone has a superior worm ethic, it is the Academy.

• Like 2

I got that. I was reiterating for clarity that I did not post that cadets have a superior worm ethic, simply that they have a great one. People really need to stop reacting and instead respond.

All corps have a great work ethic

• Like 2

Anyone who has seen both shows knows that the Cadets have more to clean than BD (although BD was dirtier than I expected). The scoring jump for the Cadets last night indicates that something favorable is happening. I guess we will see Friday if there is a consistent jump in their score from the past few weeks (if the gap between them and the other top corps is smaller).

At any rate, as someone posted earlier, what I want to see is that the Cadets have a show come finals that all are proud of and that is entertaining. Placement doesn't much matter to me.

• Like 1

Anyone who has seen both shows knows that the Cadets have more to clean than BD (although BD was dirtier than I expected). The scoring jump for the Cadets last night indicates that something favorable is happening. I guess we will see Friday if there is a consistent jump in their score from the past few weeks (if the gap between them and the other top corps is smaller).

At any rate, as someone posted earlier, what I want to see is that the Cadets have a show come finals that all are proud of and that is entertaining. Placement doesn't much matter to me.

Precisely!