Cadets 2016

Tobias

So, I just want to say that I have come away from Indy this week with much respect for the members and the staff of the Cadets. The fact that they got that mess of a show to the point where it actually finally came together (albeit not perfectly) is a testimate to the work ethic and the desire to be better that the Cadets are known for. I have nothing but respect, and I think that is what the take away from this year should be. Take that same effort and talent and start from a better place next year. The sky is not falling!

On a side note, I actually have to say that this show could actually have used some narration at the very beginning to at least set up what we were about to see. The question thought is whether the narrative was ever clearly conceived enough to even draft such narration. Who knew, the one year they decide to not talk is the one where it actually could have been helpful!

Oddly enough, I am among those who have detested so many recent Cadets narrations, but I was thinking the exact same thing about two weeks ago. Take the narration out of the BD show, you'd struggle to know what most of the guard work was actually acting out.

This show was off the rails long ago, and I doubt anything could have made it a medalist show, especially this year. But narration probably should have been considered when the show was conceived.

YEA is down a marketing person and looking for help in the social media front, so I doubt that it has anything to do with a lack of class, and more than likely is a staffing issue. Don't read anything more into it.

I'm sure it will take weeks to go through the stacks of resumes.

• Like 3

I'm sure it will take weeks to go through the stacks of resumes.

Something tell me they're going to have much bigger hiring priorities than marketing and social media...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I've been listening online to many of the 2016 shows while I work (disclaimer: I will be purchasing DCI media when made available).

The two shows that I keep going back for multiple listens are SCV and Cadets. Both shows just beautifully performed. No real point to make, just wanted to throw some love the Cadets way.

Edited by lanceengland
  • Like 3

I've been listening online to many of the 2016 shows while I work (disclaimer: I will be purchasing DCI media when made available).

The two shows that I keep going back for multiple listens are SCV and Cadets. Both shows just beautifully performed. No real point to make, just wanted to throw some love the Cadets way.

Absolutely agree. I listen to these, and BK, more than any other. Well, Academy, too, just because it's so fun to remember the visual.

I was listening too (same disclaimer) and yesterday realized that I've been listening to BD, SCV, and Academy a lot just for the ballad solos.