Troopers 2016

Tim represents the Troopers in this situation. It's that simple. would Jim Jones condone this behavior? Tim was the Troopers at this moment. Your values matter most in a moment of crisis. Sometimes you need to be the bigger man. Okay, he was put in a choke hold. Yeah? So? You represent the Troopers Tim. What should you have done? His reaction cannot be rationalized away. He should apologize to his corps and step down.

Bull ####. He was attacked unprovoked

• Like 2

So then when approached by a violent person who is throwing equipment, and striking staff members, the appropriate response is to....run? Gather up the 180ish people and all of the equipment and leave the area before this person can attack someone else or damage their equipment? You're living in a fantasy world. As soon as that person put his hands on a staff member he needed to be neutralized before he attacked someone else, and that's exactly what happened.

I heart you

• Like 2

I know I should not be making light in the case of this incident but hearing about all these diffficulties with LOS staff got me thinking. The relationship between DCI and Indy sours, the relationship ends, and we go back to rotating finals in different cities.

Might have an effect on show designs; as they are now being created with indoor stadiums, in mind.

I have a fuller vid if anyone thinks it's OK to post....but even then, it;'s pretty clear here that the LOS guy was way in the wrong.

Or email

I know I should not be making light in the case of this incident but hearing about all these diffficulties with LOS staff got me thinking. The relationship between DCI and Indy sours, the relationship ends, and we go back to rotating finals in different cities.

When the contract ends in 2029 sure. But I saw a lot of complaints about LOS staff on social media. Not DCI people, the venues people

the venue guy elbowed him in the face and then choked him

his response was self defense

he'd probably win a suit if he chose to file it against LOS

We do not know what he was saying to the LOS guy. For all we know that guy felt he was being threatened and punched first in what he felt was self-defense. Once the guy was on his back and people were pulling them apart, there was no need for the last punch to the face. This could have easily ended much worse - for example, LOS guy getting punched in the face and breaking the back of his skull on the pavement. There are only a few people who know exactly what led up to the confrontation and I am not one of them, but I do know when something goes beyond the point of "defending" one's self, and the last punch was going too far.

Tim represents the Troopers in this situation. It's that simple. would Jim Jones condone this behavior? Tim was the Troopers at this moment. Your values matter most in a moment of crisis. Sometimes you need to be the bigger man. Okay, he was put in a choke hold. Yeah? So? You represent the Troopers Tim. What should you have done? His reaction cannot be rationalized away. He should apologize to his corps and step down.

Because you saw the whole incident and you're, like, God, so you know everything. K.

I will take issue with those who maintained, and I quote: "a (weak) elbow." Having watched this a number of times, I would hardly classify the initial contact...the elbow...as being of a "weak" variety. If one watches the video carefully, it is quite evident that the stadium official put a pretty good amount of bodily impetus behind the elbow...which, by the way, appears to have been thrown (and connected) at the jaw, and not at the neck. (Also notice that the stadium official steps forward with his right foot just as he delivers the elbow. This indicates a clear intent to deliver the blow with impetus.) Not only that, but it is not like throwing an elbow behind you -- an action which one might follow with an "oops...excuse me." This was delivered in FRONT of the official...in a forward manner. Stand up where you currently are and try it yourself. Trying throwing your elbow ahead of you...with the softest of intent, even. The subsequent chokehold was not delivered out of any reaction by Mr. Snyder, but was, in fact, done while Mr. Snyder was reaching up toward his own chin with his right hand, and while facing away from the stadium official.

As for how Mr. Snyder should or should not have reacted. It is one thing to see someone react and judge whether or not that person reacted to a physical attack upon his body with a proper amount of propriety. It is quite another to decide how YOU, yourself, would have responded. None of us knows until which time it should actually happen.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2

All the pansy a$$ people here blaming the Troopers staff member are the same idiots who want to give participation trophies.

I thought the Trooper staff member restrained himself from getting physical til the guy tried a choke hold At that point he took the gloves off and gave him the business. He is my Hero! The LOS ###### deserves everything he got. He should lose his job and should have charges pressed for assault Feeling irritated.

• Like 6