Buccaneers Announce 2016 Program!

BUCCANEERS ANNOUNCE 2016 PROGRAM - ConZENtric - Mind, Body, Soul

The 2016 Reading Buccaneers proudly present ConZENtric Mind, Body, Soul. With this years program, the Buccaneers will explore the journey each of us takes to becoming truly centered. Through consciousness and meditation, we find true inner peace and happiness that occurs when our mind, body and soul align.

We will explore each of the three components: MIND each of us lives in both the left and right side of our brains. When we are centered the sides are not in conflict with one another but exist side-by-side in harmony to represent one whole. Our left side is mathematical, analytical, black-and-white, almost rhythmic, while our right side is colorful, creative, emotional, and melodic. BODY human movement is a miraculous combination of many independent parts and actions that work harmoniously together. We will explore the freedom and pureness of movement. SOUL the soul is the immortal essence of a human being, and a centered soul is spiritual and at peace. We will celebrate the centered soul with exuberance and triumph.

As mind, body and soul align to form a centered being, we will draw musical inspiration from several works, not as separate musical statements but woven together throughout the program to present a unified idea. Inspiration will be drawn from the works of Ennio Morricone, Eric Whitacre, Imogene Heap and James Barnes, as well as the vast talent of Buccaneers arrangers Mark Lortz, Johnny Trujillo and Mike Lalli. And as always, our talented visual team will seamlessly marry the visual elements of the program to the musical offering in exciting and unexpected ways.

Just as people are centered, so too are organizations. The Reading Buccaneers continually strive to focus on the center of our being and the reason we exist our incredible members. Our mission is to provide them with a life-altering experience in which they grow as performers and as people. This years program is a reaffirmation of that mission and a celebration of their journey.

• Like 1

Sounds like it will be a great show! I was really impressed with last years show and I hope that this one will be even better! Good luck this year!

Wait, they didn't title their program "Killing DCA, One Championship at a Time"? :tounge2:

(Anyway, I look forward to this show. Based strictly on the musical repertoire indicated, it seems that Reading's "ConZENtric:Mind, Body, Soul" will be nothing like SCV's "3: Mind, Body, and Soul" from 2008.)

• Like 1

The whole thing sounds a little too cerebral for me, but then again, in a few months I'll register for Medicare, so . . .

I would have liked to read specific composition titles, in order to 'YouTube' a better feel for all of this, but if the music has enough melody, is played exceptionally well, and has a few BIG brass hits to wind me up, I'm in!

The whole thing sounds a little too cerebral for me, but then again, in a few months I'll register for Medicare, so . . .

I would have liked to read specific composition titles, in order to 'YouTube' a better feel for all of this, but if the music has enough melody, is played exceptionally well, and has a few BIG brass hits to wind me up, I'm in!

may be holding off for licensing purposes. who knows. it'll be interesting