2015 CD's are here!

I've been blocked from logging in to buy my Christmas gifts. It knows me but not my password. I ask for a new password and nothing happens. I'll send my list to my wife and have her call it in - Merry Christmas!

Should buying stuff be this difficult? I know, first-world problems. But really.

Filled my one missing video hole - '06, and two missing CDs from my collection. Leaves just '94 and '07 audio to fill and I'm golden.

But really, I have my credit card out and ready to click buy for a hundred bucks. It says "I don't know you". End.

Painful.

Here is the list of edits on the audio CD's:

This CD set contains performance edits due to music licensing and permissions that are not available for distribution:

• Blue Devils (Disc 1, Track 1): 37 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted

• Blue Knights (Disc 1, Track 6): 47 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted

• Phantom Regiment (Disc 2, Track 1): 43 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted

• Blue Devils B (Disc 4, Track 1): 20 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted

spacer.gif

This is all NoBigDeal to me. Except for 'Coats, most of the pre-re's are to supplement the visual side of the show. I'm buying CD's - I don't care about pre-re's for visual.

Just give me the analog stuff from the field and digital stuff from the pit, and I'm good.

It will definitely be the Beatles stuff. The other sounds were from an Adam Watts song and he is a personal friend of Mike Jackson and actually works with him now in Broken City Percussion for WGI.

It's a ###### shame the Beatles stuff is cut because that is the stuff that completely ties the show together. It was my favorite show of the year and its lost in translation without the sound bits.

At one BK performance I attended this year, there was a tech failure for the Beatles track at the top of the show, so I guess I got a sneak preview of the DVD.

It's always annoyed me that the CDs don't include non-semifinalists. Now that they're not getting videos and APDs, VPDs, and Fan Network are all down, it's critical that these corps get on at least SOMETHING for exposure. They can't grow if DCI doesn't let people know they exist.

Agreed. I feel really bad for the non-Finalist semifinals corps, who won't get a DVD recording to show their visual performance, and even worse for corps like Surf, Pioneer, and any open class corps that placed below Legends, who aren't getting a single recording of anything.
  • Like 1

Some good news indeed that the CDs are here (and not with a huge amount of edits).

When I saw the e-mail announcing this and I clicked on the "Where are the DVDs and Blu-rays" button, I found something interesting in DCI's explanation.

DCI says that you can give an e-gift card for the price of the DVDs/Blu-rays instead of the physical media, since the media isn't available. Yet, they also say the e-gift cards can't be redeemed for cash.

So when someone buys an e-gift card for the price of the anticipated DVDs/Blu-rays (DCI has that already determined - it was in the info when you click on the "Where are the DVDs and Blu-rays" button) and gives it to someone, what happens if this media never becomes available, or doesn't become available in a timely manner? Will DCI offer refunds in the e-gift cards that they said are not redeemable for cash?

A cynical individual might say that DCI is encouraging people to give them money for a product that won't be available for a while, and maybe never, and DCI will use that money for their current operations or deposit it and earn interest off of it, perhaps not willing to offer refunds if the product doesn't become available in a timely manner or at all.

Sounds like it could be a situation similar to the Illinois lottery mess (where the state's dire financial situation has prevented the state from paying out any lottery winners, but all the while the lottery games continued, and the state gladly still took people's money for the games).

Note that I'm not saying this is what is going on with DCI - I just find it odd that they are encouraging people to pay for something that has a very realistic chance of never becoming available.

- I just find it odd that they are encouraging people to pay for something that has a very realistic chance of never becoming available.

I've learned my lesson already regarding any purchase from DCI, so its increasingly an even more of a Caveat Emptor enterprise from here on in, imo.