Did DCI just nerf live seasons?

See the bottom of this: http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=210675332

Relevant quote:

One other procedural issue brought to the floor during the session was a proposal to delay the publication of detailed recaps from DCI Tour events until after the completion of the season.

In place of the customary detailed scoring run-down, a summary recap showing total score and results in overall General Effect, Visual and Music captions will be posted online immediately following the completion of each event.

Although corps will be given the opportunity to view detailed scoring results of their performances during critiques following events, judges will not have access to recaps during the competitive season.

This passed in a vote of 21 to 1.

Yup!!

Huge blow to live season. I don't know how live season dcpi can happen without detailed recaps. A consolidated recap just isn't the same.

Sure seems like it. I don't think a live season would be impossible to do per se, but we'd definitely have to make a lot of adjustments to caption values and starting salaries to make it continue to operate

Yes, I expect John D, Matt (due to his experience as director), and I have a lot to discuss/think about before June. I will keep everyone updated.

I guess we could each select 2 corps for each live consolidated caption and take the average score of the two and use that for our Total (GE, Music, Visual) caption scores

and use those to tabulate the final score. Not ideal, I know...but it may be the best option considering the situation.

Huge blow to live season. I don't know how live season dcpi can happen without detailed recaps. A consolidated recap just isn't the same.