No Detailed Recaps

In light of this rule change, it is pretty fascinating to look back at some Youtube video edited from the 1988 PBS broadcast of Finals, in which "Reliable Rondo" predicts the "undefeated" Blue Devils will win. The Devils weren't undefeated, actually, because they placed second the night before in Semifinals, but nobody knew that, and even after the Finals scores have been announced, Rondinaro still says, "The Blue Devils came in here undefeated".

Orrrr, he knew they had lost the night before but had to keep the illusion going because of the order of when the corps were going on.

In a small sentence overlooked by some of the satirists after the Rules Congress that did not forbid field judging, it will now be protocol that judges in the stands will wear blue shirts so that they blend in with LOS seats and not seem to favor all boy corps in their attire as the predominance of corps wear blue. This will also lessen the mendicant approach of many corps begging for points by playing "to the box." Given the lighting, lightning, and limitlessness of today's shows' designs, here is what the new judges' attire will look like: http://www.trbimg.com/img-56cb4b59/turbine/hc-the-day-in-pictures-20120325/950/950x534

Edited by xandandl

In a small sentence overlooked by some of the satirists after the Rules Congress that did not forbid field judging, it will now be protocol that judges in the stands will wear blue shirts so that they blend in with LOS seats and not seem to favor all boy corps in their attire as the predominance of corps wear blue. This will also lessen the mendicant approach of many corps begging for points by playing "to the box." Given the lighting, lightning, and limitlessness of today's shows' designs, here is what the new judges' attire will look like: http://www.trbimg.com/img-56cb4b59/turbine/hc-the-day-in-pictures-20120325/950/950x534

Let me see, 25,000 comedians out of work and you're trying to make me laugh.

:tounge2:

If I end up looking like that in LOS, I beg my my Friends friends to shoot me out of my misery.

Sorry, but I'm not buying the "judges slotting" smoke screen. This a deliberate affront to the fans of this activity and anyone who thinks this is a good thing, some of which I agree wit on most matters, ought to have their head examined.

This is a lunatic statement. Why would the directors create a deliberate affront to fans?

You answer, I'm grabbing my popcorn.

• 4 months later...

Well, we do know one caption placement. At the Lynn Mass show a couple of weeks ago, the announcer said that they'd created a new percussion caption, named after some luminary from there, and the Cadets won it. Though no score was given.

For those of us for whom following the captions was an integral part of enjoying the development of the shows over the summer, this is a huge slap in the face from DCI.

This is an amateur activity and performance levels vary from show to show, we can see that ourselves. Why can't the judges?

And if the judges cannot do their jobs, .ie. look at each show each night as a fresh start and have the cajones to score what they see and stand behind it, then they have no business being judges.

AJMHO

• Like 1

About halfway through the season now, what does everyone think of this change so far? Does anyone think it may be one of the reasons the scores are trending lower this season?

I do not like it, this decision is taking a lot of the fun and excitement out of the season for me.

The point is DCI doesn't care who likes it or not. They like it and they deny access to drumscores

In light of this rule change, it is pretty fascinating to look back at some Youtube video edited from the 1988 PBS broadcast of Finals, in which "Reliable Rondo" predicts the "undefeated" Blue Devils will win. The Devils weren't undefeated, actually, because they placed second the night before in Semifinals, but nobody knew that, and even after the Finals scores have been announced, Rondinaro still says, "The Blue Devils came in here undefeated".

He may have meant that Blue Devils came into Kansas City undefeated.