1975 North Tonawanda, NY Show

Hey Rocket!

These Flying Dutchmen were from Kitchener/Waterloo, ONT. There were two separate corps from NY called the Flying Dutchmen (from Brooklyn and Dunkirk), but they were gone by 1975.

He built a wonderful website. Thank you http://dutchboydrumcorps.com/unityearmedia.php?mtype=P&selunit=3&selyear=1975

The Flying Dutchmen from Kitchener/Waterloo were a feisty corps. I remember them. I lived in K-W 1974-1975, Lots of drum corps and winter guard activity then and now. Good times.

I remember that 1977 Northstars corps (Flying Dutchmen/Dutch Boy Cadets merger). At the start of the season everyone expected they would be DCI top 25, and they were generally within 3-4 points of Oakland Crusaders most of the year. The Northstars really seemed to drop off as the season went on, and they surprisingly didn't make top 25.

I remember that 1977 Northstars corps (Flying Dutchmen/Dutch Boy Cadets merger). At the start of the season everyone expected they would be DCI top 25, and they were generally within 3-4 points of Oakland Crusaders most of the year. The Northstars really seemed to drop off as the season went on, and they surprisingly didn't make top 25.

I'm a 70's guy too. It's funny how when you hear or see the names that you mention, it brings you right back to 1977. Who needs a DeLorean!

• Like 1

Have been in contact with former Royal Coachmen members who are putting together an alumni reunion for this summer. I talked to the guy heading this and asked to get scores, pictures, etc so hopefully we'll get that soon.