SCV 2016

For those that have heard the show (Hrothgar15 provided an audio link a page or two back, thanks man!) - there's definitely a vanguard yell moment designed into this year's show - last movement, about 1 minute from the end (well, as designed currently). It'll be neat as the season wears on and more pick up on it. I think it could be one of the better ones come finals week.

I know, I know...some aren't a fan of a yell...but this got me thinking, since J.D. Shaw started arranging for SCV in the 2012 season, how many designed vanguard yells have there been? The only one that immediately popped to mind was the 2013 Les Mis show (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HmAOi9mc70). Are there others I'm forgetting? There was a stretch about 10 years ago (2004-2007) where a vanguard yell was designed into pretty much every show, but it's been less common as of late. Works well for those who aren't a fan of them and makes them more special for those that are.

2011, Devil's Staircase, there was a Vanguard yell about 1 minute from the end.

Ok, just had to share. Happiness is when you're cranking the SCV show in your home office, and from across the room, the wife (who never knew a thing about drum corps prior to meeting me) belts out a VANGUARD YELL at the exact moment the crowd does. That's love gang!!

• Like 7

Ok, just had to share. Happiness is when you're cranking the SCV show in your home office, and from across the room, the wife (who never knew a thing about drum corps prior to meeting me) belts out a VANGUARD YELL at the exact moment the crowd does. That's love gang!!

That's awesome! Also a good sign of a vanguard yell that will be very accessible and popular this year. Would be pretty cool if it was 2004 caliber...with a return to the podium too! One can hope...but man it's gonna be tough.

• Like 1

Showing my age here, but the pit writing at the top of the show takes me back to the wonderful Ralph Hardimon percussion feature in 1984...

• Like 2

This show is amazing. I've been listening to it all day.

Captivating. A truly tremendous show is going to finish sixth this season.

Captivating. A truly tremendous show is going to finish sixth this season.

Are you implying Blue Knights or Cavies will beat them?

So thanks to Hrothgar15's file, I created a couple ringtones and an alarm tone based on the opener for SCV.

Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Vt8qTPMT_dbWsxR1M1UUg3RWM

Download mp3 for Android

Download m4r for iOS

2 Ringtones & 1 Alarm

1. Ringtone 30sec - 20th through 50th seconds of the opener

2. Ringtone 30sec - Progression before opening hit

3. Alarm ~2 minutes - Full Opener (Use this for your alarms. It is not jarring and slowly gets louder until the big hit.)

Edited by NeutralNovice
  • Like 4