SCV 2016

Facebook:

"Home of the Hurricanes" - sounds like an appropriate place to spend a couple rehearsal days working on "FORCE OF NATURE". Wait until you see what we've got up our sleeves! #SCV16 #FORCEofNATURE"

As many have been pointing towards and this now confirms, this is the stretch of the season where SCV will make some modifications to their show. It's the perfect time to do so with 4 non-show/rehearsal days in a row and just enough time left in the season to put it in, perform it at a handful of shows, and polish it for finals. So what might they do - maybe something more with the tree, add in a quiet ending, something else? I've seen some suggest doing something with lights on the tree - I think that'd be awesome. Green during spring, maybe red/orange colors during fall, and white for winter. A quiet ending would also seem fitting too, though if they did that, I wonder where the transition point with the current drill would occur. After the vanguard shield as an add on, or perhaps somewhere before it. Nevertheless, I'll be really interested to see what they do. Maybe some DCP moles living near their rehearsal site can fill us in. :cool:

Edited by scvphan
  • Like 2

As many have been pointing towards and this now confirms, this is the stretch of the season where SCV will make some modifications to their show. It's the perfect time to do so with 4 non-show/rehearsal days in a row and just enough time left in the season to put it in, perform it at a handful of shows, and polish it for finals. So what might they do - maybe something more with the tree, add in a quiet ending, something else? I've seen some suggest doing something with lights on the tree - I think that'd be awesome. Green during spring, maybe red/orange colors during fall, and white for winter. A quiet ending would also seem fitting too, though if they did that, I wonder where the transition point with the current drill would occur. After the vanguard shield as an add on, or perhaps somewhere before it. Nevertheless, I'll be really interested to see what they do. Maybe some DCP moles living near their rehearsal site can fill us in. :cool:

Those were my guesses. Changing lights on the trees and a silent ending back to spring to make the seasons connect. And probably more.

IMO if they play this right and really dig in cleaning wise, I think they could start to pull away from 5th and closer to 3rd. That's a lot of days to dig in, more than anyone else this week.

Yes. All of these would be cool additions. I also thought it would be slick if they could bring back the lights from last year's show, and have them turn on right before the brass turns around for the beginning hit of the summer storm section.

• Like 1

Yes. All of these would be cool additions. I also thought it would be slick if they could bring back the lights from last year's show, and have them turn on right before the brass turns around for the beginning hit of the summer storm section.

Especially if they blinked quickly.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's been talked about before - I like the really subtle creativity in this show. For example - the lightning bolt rifles being caught right BEFORE the hornline makes the hit. Almost like "you see the lightning before you hear the thunder"

• Like 4

I don't know if it's been talked about before - I like the really subtle creativity in this show. For example - the lightning bolt rifles being caught right BEFORE the hornline makes the hit. Almost like "you see the lightning before you hear the thunder"

Yes, it's an extremely aesthetically pleasing design. I hope they make some great changes and have a bit of a surge with it.

Please share things like this. Lol.

Something I never woulda noticed this but it makes so much sense and is really neat.

Something I never woulda noticed this but it makes so much sense and is really neat.

Yeah! I noticed it when they did a close up on the rifles during the SA Regional feed. REALLY cool. REALLY creative. They always have these really subtle Easter Eggs in the design though.

DCI released a timelapse from one of the shows, and if you look at SCV's drill, you can see a lot of nifty nature-related drill sets. When BD does subtle stuff, it gets talked up. Let's talk up SCV's subtle stuff too!

• Like 2

Hmm let's see. Some of this stuff is probably painfully obvious but I figure, let's talk about it here!

Preshow: Best music to wake up and rise to. Spring is like an awakening, if you will.

First movement: During the buildup, the swirl may represent the Spring Wind, which carries the pollen to well... pollinate and bloom beautiful plants.

First movemnet: before the big hit, the formation looks like a rose and the corps collapses and runs. The opening hit represents a beautiful bloom of a flower. So much great tension here.

Anyone else want to take on the other seasons?

• Like 1