Blue Knights 2016

RPK

No, it was just an exhibition.

OK. Thanks. I know it was a small show but wasn't sure.

My Daughter who is in the guard told me they had the 3rd movement on last night. Can't wait to see it!

Is the 3rd movement the end? Or is there a 4th? Seeing them live on Saturday, hoping to view the whole thing.

A little puzzled how they were getting the numbers they were with so little of the show on the field. Be interesting to see if they get any significant bump when they finish the show.

• Like 1

A little puzzled how they were getting the numbers they were with so little of the show on the field. Be interesting to see if they get any significant bump when they finish the show.

In my opinion, their numbers have accurately reflected the fact that they've had so little of their show on the field. I mean, in the few scored shows they've had their scores haven't increased much...62 - 63. I fully expect their scores will rise dramatically as they show more. In fact, I expect them to rapidly rise to the level of SCV or Cadets.

In my opinion, their numbers have accurately reflected the fact that they've had so little of their show on the field. I mean, in the few scored shows they've had their scores haven't increased much...62 - 63. I fully expect their scores will rise dramatically as they show more. In fact, I expect them to rapidly rise to the level of SCV or Cadets.

I second that. It's well designed and it has the difficulty level to compete with them.

Wouldn't be interesting if BK jumped ahead of the Cadets? Bocook's teams at odds. Lol

• Like 2

Is the 3rd movement the end? Or is there a 4th? Seeing them live on Saturday, hoping to view the whole thing.

There is a 4th movement.

A little puzzled how they were getting the numbers they were with so little of the show on the field.

The Blue Knights DID have a closer too. Its sometimes easy to miss this with the storyline that the Blue Knights had an incomplete show with only a 1/ 3rd to 1/ 2 of their show on the field. But the closer to the show performance was indeed present. The judges DID judge it. And that closer consisted of an abrupt end, then followed immediately by a standing in place movement, then followed immediately by a planned march off the field ( remember, the timing clock for performance is still ticking, and judges are supposed to be still evaluating during this timed performance.) As far as we know, there was no waiver of the time requirements for this show. So BK was ( or should have been ) judged for their " visual " of standing still, then the march off the field in parade formation as their visual closer. So yes, it is a bit mysterfying that BK received such a generous score for their closer being a non playing, parade formation exit movement as their visual soft closer in their timed performance last weekend. Corps do not tell judges to stop judging their timed competition at the 5 minute mark. Nor do they have any authority to unilaterally demand that the judges stop at the 5 or 6 minute mark either . Not in June. and not in August. Not to my knowledge anyway. If I'm wrong on this, then I 'd be more than willing to listen to anyone counter that a Corps can decide that they only want the judges to judge them for half the required time that others that day in competition are judged.

Edited by BRASSO