Blue Knights 2016

RPK

The last three years have been that way with me on a number of shows- I wasn't sure I cared for Felinisque but loved it by finals, same with Crown last year, This year the jury is still out on Cadets, but I have a feeling I'll love it

It's great to see that BK has become strong enough to generate DCP controversy. Sure they are still a ways behind Cadets' 50,000 page mad house but give them a few years...

And 2 moe months to finish their show...

And 2 moe months to finish their show...

Surely it helps your early season score to put a false ending on a show and then replace it. A lot of corps are following this path.

But if you don't have time / chose not spend all the time and energy on a disposable piece of the show, perhaps unveiling your real ending at the appropriate time is a good alternative. We shall see.

• Like 2

Fair enough. I'm just frustrated because it's the same song and dance from you - BK has more content/depth than anyone else around them. With NO examples to back up such a blanket statement. Here's my points on Cavies.

1. Guard design and execution is far superior to BK. Cavies guard is better integrated into the show, has more compelling and challenging guard work. Whole guard on rifles doing excellent work, that is being very well executed. Lots and lots of synchronized guard work. You never lose site of the Cavies guard in this show. Their book is so effective. Guard is top notch.

2. Drill is exceptionally well constructed. Many cool moves and effects strewn throughout the show. Transitions from one set to the next are impeccable. So many exciting things to see throughout the show. Very well executed. They may beat us over the head with all the signs, which I think is a bit much, but overall it's a top-notch designed visual package. BK's just doesn't compare. There's really nothing compelling happening from a drill standpoint in BK's show. You can tell so much thought went into the visual design of the Cavaliers show, and it's paying off on the sheets. BK relies on body movements, which in my opinion don't add nearly as much to a show as a well constructed and executed drill, with a guard that is so compelling and so well integrated into the overall visual design.

3. Music. While I like BK's music leaps and bounds better than Cavies, the fact is the Cavaliers book is pretty tough, and the ensemble is playing and moving much more than BK's ensemble. And, playing and moving with that stunning drill. Very difficult to do. BK relies heavily on excessive body movements to detract from the fact that they are just not marching a demanding drill, which makes your musical ensemble play better. Cavaliers ensemble has more demand on the individual performer because they are marching a very technical drill, while playing.

Those are the reasons I think Cavaliers show is superior, why I think the Cavaliers show has more demand, content and depth, and why I feel the Cavaliers will beat BK throughout the season.

I know you feel like you're presenting so many specifics right now but reading your post, I don't see you saying anything really any more specifically than Wesley. Tell me exactly what passages you think are more difficult/have more content than BK if you want to act all condescending.

• Like 4

It's great to see that BK has become strong enough to generate DCP controversy. Sure they are still a ways behind Cadets' 50,000 page mad house but give them a few years...

Yea, there was more than a few years where this thread would get like less than 100 comments. Wish the show was done so there wouldn't be as much hostility but I digress

It's going to end up as my favorite show of the season besides crown regardless of score or placement. It's not everyone's cup of tea and that's fine. I'll keep people updated throughout the season. I'll be seeing them live for most of their remaining shows

If this means you are traveling with BK on their second tour, then I want to thank you for all you are doing for the corps.

If you can manage a 'scope now and then, that would be awesome.

• Like 1

I am fairly sure that I am the biggest donator to the Blue Knights program. If I am not, I am probably pretty close.

I had my front row tickets to the Colorado show for last night months ago.

I cancelled my flight and I cancelled my hotel room.

Incomplete show? No chance i'm travelling across the country to see that. Whoever tries to argue that this isn't hurting this corp? You are out of your mind.

See you in 2017. I am done this year.

• Like 3