Worst Top 12 Corps Ever!

Look at Bluecoats and Glassmen too.They were in Class A

Look at Bluecoats and Glassmen too.They were in Class A

My junior corps from NJ was in Class A finals at the Toledo Key to the Sea show in 1974, along with the Glassmen and others.

Suffice to say, my corps never attained the heights the Glassmen later attained. LOL.

• Like 1

Almost nobody started "in medias res", so to speak.

Thank you for writing that term correctly. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen supposed literary experts write "in media res".

Yes, Frank, and it is interesting to look at some of the absolute humblest of those corps that came to dominate the activity.

If nothing else, it shows that all corps have hope.

But maybe less hope in recent years than in the past, depending on how one interprets the chart here. Although I should update it to include the past three years.

Yes, Frank, and it is interesting to look at some of the absolute humblest of those corps that came to dominate the activity.

If nothing else, it shows that all corps have hope.

I sure hope the bold was sarcasm; because while many corps today started out in the realm of humble beginnings, the G7 are far from, I mean light-years away, nowhere near, at all, in any way, shape, or form, did I say at all, humble in their attitudes toward all of the non-G7 corps.

If my research is correct, while Spirit did place 6th in their second season of DCI competition in 1978, in their first year 1977 they placed 23rd; so they too had humble beginnings.

Man... I wish my junior corps had such a "humble" period. :tongue: There were times when we were lucky just to beat a few corps at the major national shows (World Open, U.S. Open) we attended.

I sure hope the bold was sarcasm; because while many corps today started out in the realm of humble beginnings, the G7 are far from, I mean light-years away, nowhere near, at all, in any way, shape, or form, did I say at all, humble in their attitudes toward all of the non-G7 corps.

No, my words were not sarcasm. When Phantom scored a 25.....that was EXTREME humbleness.....in an era when few corps scored lower than 30 points at any point in the season. Phantom almost didn't make it back after their years-long layoff. If not for a drive-in hamburger restaurant chain they may never have come back.

Madison was greatly humbled in '67. They lost to the Millstadt Crusaders by 13 points! They lost to the McHenry Vicounts!

They lost to the Kenosha Queensmen! They lost to the Miami Vanguard!

That season was truly humbling for Madison......no sarcasm needed.

No, my words were not sarcasm. When Phantom scored a 25.....that was EXTREME humbleness.....in an era when few corps scored lower than 30 points at any point in the season. Phantom almost didn't make it back after their years-long layoff. If not for a drive-in hamburger restaurant chain they may never have come back.

Madison was greatly humbled in '67. They lost to the Millstadt Crusaders by 13 points! They lost to the McHenry Vicounts!

They lost to the Kenosha Queensmen! They lost to the Miami Vanguard!

That season was truly humbling for Madison......no sarcasm needed.

You missed my point completely! The fact that Phantom was humbled in 1969, or for that matter BD, Cadets, Crown, etc in their early years long ago... has no bearing whatsoever, at all, nada, zero, ziltch, on how the recent leadership of Regiment, BD, Cadets, Crown,... presented themselves when they 'just recently' joined the G7; which is the polar opposite of any definition of the term Humble!!! Whereas I certainly do commend the current leadership of Madison; because at least they reflected that 1967 humbleness when they flat rejected the G7!

Edited by Stu

Stu,

You've missed the point of this thread. First off, G7 is NOT an historic topic.

Keith wanted to talk about the corps that made top 12 over the decades that weren't always at the top of their game.

I played along by showing that even the best corps we know today had low points.

Edited by Northern Thunder
  • Like 3