Royal Brigade

Probably talked about this before (many moons ago) but what was the history of the corps? I saw them at a show in Oswego, NY with my younger brother. I was in the Army and he was a 16 year old drummer. They wanted to take him on tour right away. Wanted me too but I had another year of military service.

So what about them?

They came out of the Meadowlarks/CW Townsmen merger. They appeared on the 1977 UOEC Championship recording, which turned out to be in high demand, since it featured the Bridgemen, who were not featured on the DCI Championship recording (due to disqualification). I bought that album and listened to Royal Brigade quite a few times.

I saw them at the 1980 DCI Midwest. They wore black jackets with peacocks emblazoned on the back, (NBC peacock!) since they performed the NBC Chimes Festival that the Velvet Knights would revive for their 1984 show.

Must have been poor management that brought them down. I remember they had a fine sounding corps too.