Which 1970's 13th Place Corps...?

>>Going even farther back WAY back in 1962 VFW Prelims saw such "Legends in Waiting" as the Casper Troopers, St Josephs of Batavia, Blue Rock, Skokie Vanguard and the Rockford Phantom Regiment finish out of Finals.<<

Tsk ... Tsk ... Elphie ... how about St. Raphael's Bucs who finished 13th and bested all of the above!

:-)

"St Raphael's Buccaneers":

INDEED!!!!!, They DID outpoint all those "Legends in Waiting" at VFW Prelims (By a good margin) , Our cross town rival went on to a stellar run (Along with another Connecticut 1964 VFW Prelims 13th place finisher the PAL Cadets!!!!) with top five placements at the World Open, and a string of wins and great placements in regional competitions against the powers of that era.

Thanks for the heads up Mr Lisko!!!!!!!

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

Yes, they were the only ones kept out of finals by penalties in the 70s.

I think a few folks from the Crossmen in 1979 might disagree with that statement.

Not that the "Opinion" Judging of today is all that much better. (alway's think of the "French Judge at Winter Olympic's now. When the Scores are announced).

BUT. I always remenber the year the Corps I was in at National's. Was in BEAT by 6 Corps above us that we BEAT, on and off all season. YES ALL SIX. There was only ONE Corps we did NOT beat at least once that year, and they WON. MAKING US 8th. From TOP 5 to mid bottom 5.

Oh well, S&%+ Happens.