Govenaires to go Open Class

In 2004, the Govenaires competed in its first DCA Championships. After 12 seasons and four Class A titles, the corps from St. Peter, Minnesota is ready to take the next step ...

P.S. If you want more information for our upcoming trip to Shanghai and would like to make a donation toward our Journey, visit us at govenaires.org/china!

Edited by Big Govie-ment
  • Like 4

I wish them the best of luck in Open Class. However I think some of us will miss seeing the little corps that could. They set the standard for Class A for many years. Maybe they will set new standards in Open Class. Hopefully a new corps will step up and replace the Govies setting an example for what a class A corps can be.

• Like 4

Wow.

Govies did feel impressively expansive last year, that's for sure. I felt they should have scored a little higher than they did (I felt that way about a number of corps, actually, and of Hurricanes particularly), but there was no arguing with the placement.

Good luck!

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Awesome news.

:ninja:

OK.. Who's allowing John and Sandee to lose their minds???? I LOVE the idea guys - but why are you upsetting the apple cart? Or has recruiting interest exceeding the possibility of staying at or below 65?

Regardless - you guys know me well enough - whatever I can do to help you guys make the move as painless as possible - just let us know!!!

GO my GANG OF GREEN!!!! Congrats (with cautionary exuberance)to the GOVIES :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Pat

• Like 2

Had to make sure it wasn't posted April 1st..... Guess they're getting set for a 90th birthday next year......

Luv ya folks no matter what size....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Glad to hear that, congratulations!

Happy for "The Gang in Green". Going to Shanghai and Going to Open Class. I have been a big fan for many years, way over here in Jersey. You have always been the one to show the way for Class A. Best that can be even with small numbers.

BUT, I will be worried about moving up to Open Class. I HOPE it works out GOOD for you. I know you will do your best.

GO GOVIES - GOOD Luck for 2016

Edited by 2B or not 2B