The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

Wow! I actually teared up seeing that 27 is remembered in this respectfully, cool way.

Jurassic Lancer, I am with you "Hugs". Former resident of the Revere, Mass area, I am currently wearing my 27th Lancer grey shorts with the plaid Red/Green/Yellow trim!!!!!! This year, with "Drum Corpse Bride", THE ACADEMY is paying "World Class" Tribute to former Historic Corps and Corps founders and contributors in ways never seen, or felt on a DCI Field of Competition at Finals. This is so Heartfelt. And so Appreciated. Bravo Academy!

• Like 1

OK you really got me with the George Zingali stone! A true friend I will never forget! Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

Congratulations to Academy director Mark Richardson on winning the 2016 DCI World Class Director of the Year award!

• Like 6

In 1997 a young man was writing drill for the Corona del Sol Aztec Marching band in Tempe AZ. At the Las Vegas Invitational, the director of a California band was overheard in the parking lot saying to his band: "we did not come here to be beat by a HICK band from Arizona".

The band director of the arizona band was Mr. Bill Richardson.

The drill writers name? Mark Richardson.

I wonder what that California band director thinks now about the HICK drum corps from Arizona.

Congratulations Mark of being named the 2016 World Class Director of the year!

PS. Mark was also named Director of the year DIV 2 in 2006

• Like 1

I do not post in here very often.

I went to the prelims last night with a completely blank slate. I haven't been to any shows this year due to family complications.

The Academy was my favorite performance. This corp obviously can not compete with the Big 3-5 at this point. But the Academy make up for it with the beauty and quality of the program.

I'm going back for the finals and CANT WAIT to see this program again.