The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

Pretty sure the flag that Academy carried out tonight during retreat was from the thing that they broke earlier today for making finals. Absolutely incredible, I'm really happy for this corps!

• Like 1

Absolutely loved your show!!! I expect #TheWife will be showing it during Drum Corps Week in school.

Edited by CrownBariDad
  • Like 2

I will miss this show! I am definitely getting the audio and bluray of this!

Hard to believe this is on the second page!

Along with the Bluecoats win this year, this is the biggest story of DCI in my eyes. A new kid on the block that marches really well, plays really well, and has a show that is crowd friendly as HELL and can compete! This corps jumped 4 places, that is pretty unheard of these days. But my favorite moment of the night in retreat was this corps getting a HUGE reaction, standing ovation, and huge claps from their fellow competitors on the field. That was amazing.

Michael Klesch is confirmed as back by Steve Rondinaro, and I'm going to assume the rest will be after such a home run. I cannot freaking wait to see what this corps comes up with next year! Those final moments of Unchained Melody was the most emotional moment of the night for me. I was so #### happy for this corps tonight. And I have a feeling this is only the beginning. Big freakin congratulations Academy! This might be an all time favorite for me. Congrats, hold your heads high, and remember this forever! I sure will.

When I saw the close up of the guys from Bluecoats celebrating, cheering and walking over to hug The Academy kids, I immediately broke down into tears. It meant so much to me, a volunteer with The Academy since 2004 to see that support coming from a Corps that was also finding itself being named in their first breakthrough as World Class Gold Champions, yet taking time to recognize the breakthrough achievement of The Academy, What absolute Class, I can imagine The Academy kids receiving the acknowledgement, and embracing the love and support shown them by there new "peer" group had to be extremely exciting, emotional and gratifying.

• Like 2

I want to thank all of you for your support of The Academy this season. I have greatly enjoyed and appreciated all of your comments. I especially appreciated your enthusiasm, DrumManTX. I have discovered that the Drum Corps world is a good place to be.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for this show, Academy. I now have another show to put in the "videos I show to people unfamiliar with drum corps" file to introduce people to DCI.

Fantastic job, and I hope other designers watched the scores and crowd response you got this year. This was a great year for entertainment value, and you guys were at the top of the list for me.

• Like 2

I want to thank all of you for your support of The Academy this season. I have greatly enjoyed and appreciated all of your comments. I especially appreciated your enthusiasm, DrumManTX. I have discovered that the Drum Corps world is a good place to be.

Thanks.

:)

And all I have to thank for that enthusiasm was The Academy and their members for gracing us with their show and performance. Definitely genuine enthusiasm for this corps and their show. I'm probably getting annoying ogling over it but I just love it that much.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2