Pyware 3D

Any experts out there that can give me some helpful hints? PM me please. Thank you!

Going back into writing drill and hadn't used pyware in a long time, like since 15 years ago maybe LOL

Be sure to get the latest version. It is quite good, and the animation features now are far beyond anything from 15 years ago. Also, although it offers screen recording, it's not that great. Get yourself a good computer screen recorder so you can record your animations and then post them to YouTube. This is great for allowing your client to see your progress as you go, and you can setup a private YouTube account for just you and your clients. Be sure to read about how the animations work, because you can even do multi-camera movement with your animations.

Below are 2 links to shows I wrote for the East Palestine Band (Ohio) -- much more simplistic drill than what a drum corps would do, obviously. These are the openers, one in high cam view, the other as multi-cam. This allows you to see the animation capabilities of the newer versions of Pyware (this is version 8). Version 9 just came out I believe. Also, you will notice how you can add props, podium, pit, and you can do custom uniforms. The uniforms you see here were customized to look like the EP band, including guard. Additionally you can customize your flags or use their many designs. You can also apply your own flag work (kind of generic, but it helps directors get an idea).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjKOs6FQVcI High Cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP2eaYclWHU Multi Cam

Hope this helps. If nothing else it should give you some areas to look into with the new software. The screen capture software I use is called liteCam.

http://www.litecam.net/en/

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

I've switched programs myself, using Envision now, but Pyware is definitely a great program. I tend to do a lot of free forming and dragging marchers where I want then, and then create the set around that which Envision is much more friendly to.

Had to use Pyware in a class in the fall though, so I could probably answer some basic questions if you have any.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Make sure the join the Pyware Users Group on Facebook. There's lot of other designers, writers, and the Pyware staff themselves that will quickly help or answer any question you have. It's a great resource. The Pyware developers definitely listen to the user base on what features to include next. Version 9 looks like it's going to be a great step up.

• Like 1