how many all age corps are in DCI

there is no all-age division.

Wrong.

Thats what we replied to.

Thanks for your non-answer. However, this isn't irrelevant to the questions relating to DCA corps participating as a division in DCI.

But as Mr Adcock is suggesting, they throw out those DCI given scores and use the DCA show scores for assembling the DCA Prelims lineup?

Yes, because I believe it's only the last couple of scores that are used for seeding...I'll get the exact rule this weekend. Since even the Atlanta regional is well over a month before DCA Championships, there's almost no reason for scores there to be used.

Of course there is, "all age" corps are considered associate members and do pay dues to DCI.

Yes. This was an unambiguous answer that refutes anything said to the contrary too. Of course there is a DCI " All Age Division" ... a couple of them, as a matter of fact. Soundsport is a DCI created " All Age " Division too. C. Holland here needs to stop digging as his hole he dug for himself on this is big enough already ( ..haha)

Edited by BRASSO

Technically. DCI on their website only acknowledges 3 levels. (taken from the DCI website)

Which Level of Participation?

Drum Corps International sanctions and oversees three classes of performance and competition. Each has unique performance and operational characteristics. In selecting the right class for your student, give deep consideration to the time and financial commitment required, family and peer group issues, as well as the student's talent and experience.

The class of corps right for your child depends on the level of commitment they want and CAN make, their talent level and what resources – time and money – they have available. While World Class corps tend to travel consistently from the middle of June until the World Championships in August, many Open Class corps perform only on weekends until the week prior to the Championships. This often makes it possible for Open Class students to also hold jobs during the drum corps season.

The three classes of competition and participation sanctioned by Drum Corps International include:

NRXPVFGJEEOKXBG.20150412050907.jpg

World Class corps can have up to 150 members. Students in World Class corps are primarily college-age with some high school involvement. Most corps that compete as World Class units follow an intensive tour schedule, traveling more than 10,000 miles over the course of the summer, while performing at more than 35 sanctioned events.

WUPINMRFDWZIJXM.20150412050942.jpg

Open Class corps have a minimum of 30 members up to the maximum of 150. Most Open Class units have a membership made up of a mixture of high school and some college-aged students. Open Class corps generally follow an abbreviated tour schedule relative to most World Class corps.

CWKDHJKSREZYUXT.20150412051015.jpg

International Class corps are corps from outside North America. Often traveling long distances to perform as part of the annual summer tour, corps in this class are allowed to follow their own country's organizational (usually age limit) guidelines. If they choose to recognize Drum Corps International performance rules, they are allowed to compete in the Open Class.

I guess Brasso knows lots about holes. bwahahahahaahah.

I guess Brasso knows lots about holes. bwahahahahaahah.

My guess, you never heard of DCI's created Soundsport Division, and that its an " All Age Division" competition, or else you would have quit embarrassing yourself like this hours ago. So when you stated above that (quote ) " DCI has no All Age Division " and we gave you examples of where you were wrong, ... and remain wrong.... you missed it entirely, or you're just too dam stubborn to see the errors of your ways with this. Its as if DCI's Soundsport and its approx 126 " All Age " unit competitors do not even exist to you. ( lol!). I'm done with this now, as we gave you enough examples of the DCI " All Age Divisions ", as well as the guidelines you stated above do not exist for these All Age units ( with an example provided of a guideline example these All Age Corps are under, with their DCI participation). Adios Amigo ! ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

My guess, you never heard of DCI's created Soundsport Division, and that its an " All Age Division" competition, or else you would have quit embarrassing yourself like this hours ago. So when you stated above that (quote ) " DCI has no All Age Division " and we gave you examples of where you were wrong, ... and remain wrong.... you missed it entirely, or you're just too dam stubborn to see the errors of your ways with this. Its as if DCI's Soundsport and its approx 126 " All Age " unit competitors do not even exist to you. ( lol!). I'm done with this now, as we gave you enough examples of the DCI " All Age Divisions ", as well as the guidelines you stated above do not exist for these All Age units ( with an example provided of a guideline example these All Age Corps are under, with their DCI participation). Adios Amigo ! ( lol!)

i do know of soundsport, i even mentioned that earlier. Guess you didn't read this thread though. that's ok. But letting them perform as associates, isn't the same as an official division. we're splitting hairs at this point, you're not going to budge, i'm not going to. If it was a division of DCI, you'd have prelims and finals with DCI. Not DCA. disagreement it is.

• Like 1

Of course there is, "all age" corps are considered associate members and do pay dues to DCI.

. C. Holland tells us that your All Age Corps, does not exist in DCI in any " All Age Division ". You compete in the same DCI " Division " as the Blue Devils, apparently. DCI even ranks you guys on their website in the same " Division " as the World Class Division, the Open Class Division, and your Corps apparently competes at Championships in the same " Division " as Blue Devils, and Blue Devils B ( haha!). And you are not a member of DCI either, and thus pay them no dues either., Nor is your Corps subject to their " guidelines", nor is your Corps required to pay DCI required Insurance for this non DCI alleged non afiliation. ( maybe your Corps should request their DCI membership dues be refunded for all these years, bill... lol!) And the DCI created Soundsport is not an " All Age Division " competition either. It does not exist in an " All Age " Division format either. What an education we are getting here today, huh, bill ?

Edited by BRASSO

. C. Holland tells us that your All Age Corps, does not exist in DCI in any " All Age Division ". You compete in the same DCI " Division " as the Blue Devils, apparently. DCI even ranks you guys on their website in the same " Division " as the World Class Division, the Open Class Division, and your Corps apparently competes at Championships in the same " Division " as Blue Devils, and Blue Devils B ( haha!). And you are not a member of DCI either, and thus pay them no dues either., Nor is your Corps subject to their " guidelines", nor is your Corps required to pay DCI required Insurance for this non DCI alleged non afiliation. ( maybe your Corps should request their DCI membership dues be refunded for all these years, bill... lol!) And the DCI created Soundsport is not an " All Age Division " competition either. It does not exist in an " All Age " Division format either. What an education we are getting here today, huh, bill ?

Yeah, apparently, as example, all the honorees of the DCI Hall of Fame don't exist either since it is not mentioned per sie in the provided'"sampling" within the general scope of the association---I'm learning somethin' everyday!!!

aT leeast I'ms a goode sPellar and a kracK steWdent ats goode graEmmer-----I's gots dat stufF goingS fir mee, tHank gOd. :wacko:

aT leeast I'ms a goode sPellar and a kracK steWdent ats goode graEmmer-----I's gots dat stufF goingS fir mee, tHank gOd. :wacko:

Sum peoples juiced gut a callin' fer this here stuff, bill.... an I kin tell, you gut the rite callin' fer it.

Edited by BRASSO

:ninja:

OK you guys - leave semi-sleeping dogs lie, will ya? Bill - once again you have attempted to show young Mr. Holland some of the errors of his comments - and very well again I may add.

Chris - what my friends have been trying to so nicely to say - is that not all of your comments have been totally accurate.. Yes, there is "technically" no All-Age DRUM CORPS division in DCI - BUT - with the advent of SoundSport as a "division" in the DCI family - they act as DCI's "All-Age" category...Since the list of 3 divisions from the DCI website you referenced don't include SoundSport - that part of your information IS CORRECT, however INCOMPLETE..

It would be in your best interests to do a bit more "Googling" to cover your bases - before antagonizing some of the "elders" that have seen and participated in a few more of the Drum Corps wars than you may have..and can still tell the tale! :cool:

Pat

Edited by goalieguy