how many all age corps are in DCI

I under stand DCI has an all age division ,anyone know how many corps are in it ,and who they are ?

As I understand it, DCI has all-age 'associate members' that may perform and compete with other like organizations at a DCI-sanctioned contest. I don't believe there is an "all-age division", per-se. Drum Corps Associates (DCA) is an entirely different organization and sanctioning body ... although they do cooperate with DCI in some ways.

To my knowledge, many DCA corps are also DCI associate members. Alliance, Atlanta CV, and Carolina Gold all compete at the DCI Southeastern regional in Atlanta every year. I'm sure there are others in the north that do this as well. Corps doing this have to pass a DCI evaluation similar to emerging corps and compete using DCA judging sheets that are filled out by the event's DCI judges. It sometimes leads to some interesting (read: hilariously low) scores because the judges sometimes don't understand the DCA sheets and the differences in judging criteria.

• Like 2

I under stand DCI has an all age division ,anyone know how many corps are in it ,and who they are ?

Simple answer to your 2 simple questions : 1) currently about 126 , and 2) you can find their full names here : http://soundsport.com/find-team/

Edited by BRASSO

DCA corps scheduled to appear in DCI shows this year (and receive a score on DCA sheets, I believe):

Alliance

Atlanta CV

Carolina Gold

Southern Knights (recently approved)

Cincinnati Tradition

Govenaires

Kilties

Minnesota Brass

Cadets2 (edit)

Alumni corps appearing in exhibition:

Bridgemen

Crusaders Senior

Muchachos

Edited by smj02

DCA corps scheduled to appear in DCI shows this year (and receive a score on DCA sheets, I believe):

Alliance

Atlanta CV

Carolina Gold

Southern Knights (recently approved)

Cincinnati Tradition

Govenaires

Kilties

Minnesota Brass

Alumni corps appearing in exhibition:

Bridgemen

Crusaders Senior

Muchachos

North Star too.

North Star too.

Thanks. They weren't on DCI's drop down list.

• Like 1

there is no all-age division. DCI can approve you to perform at the shows and be scored according to DCA sheets. Soundsports are pretty much anything goes (age, instrumentation) as long as you have 5 performers. They are scored bronze, silver, gold on their sheets.