Instrument Choice

Edited by Poisonchocolate
  • Like 1

Yeah that's why I want to get a start working on it pretty far in advance. I'll try to rent one from a school around here, or if not then just use a concert tuba. Any idea whether it's possible to audition on two instruments (specifically at the Cavaliers, but anywhere really)?

My suggestion is that you audition on the instrument you play best, informing staff that you can "double", if necessary.

Make a list of about 4 corps for whom you wish to audition. It would be a good idea to speak with members thereof during this season to get a sense of what the process is like for each.

I'm not exactly sure how to get in touch with corps members (Only DCI corps even within 6 hours is Crown at 3 hours away, and I have no plans to audition for them) but I'll see what I can do, I can at least talk to former a former Cadet and a former Crown member here.

Thanks for the info!

I'll be at the NightBeat this summer and I'm planning to go nice and early already to watch warm-ups. So the corps are pretty open to fans coming up to talk to members or staff after/before shows?

Not necessarily in all situations, especially right before the contest, but if you go to the housing site early in the day you can probably observe rehearsal and talk to someone during meal break.

You won't learn much from watching a warmup. You are probably already doing something similar with your band.

Oh, I get that the warmup is different, I was just saying I was already planning to go pretty early. I just like watching the warmup to be able to listen to the corps up close.