2016 Predict-the-results Challenge [Week 1]

Yes, please sort the corps in order from highest score to lowest. Thanks!

Is being high, or the extent to which one suffers from the condition, now scored?? News to me... :ninja:

Thursday, June 23 DCI TOUR PREMIERE

1. Bluecoats - 70.575
  2. Carolina Crown - 70.475
  3. Cadets - 70.025
  4. The Cavaliers - 67.025
  5. Phantom Regiment - 65.995
  6. Boston Crusaders - 65.095

Max. points: 30

Friday, June 24 MIDCAL CHAMPIONS SHOWCASE

1. Blue Devils - 71.025
  2. Santa Clara Vanguard - 70.595
  3. Blue Knights - 67.025
  4. Mandarins - 66.575
  5. Academy - 63.925
  6. Pacific Crest - 60.925
  7. Mandarins - 59.995

Max. points: 35

Saturday, June 25 INNOVATIONS IN BRASS

1. Bluecoats - 71.925
  2. Carolina Crown - 71.725
  3. Phantom Regiment - 66.995
  4. Boston Crusaders - 66.225
  5. Crossmen - 64.975

Max. points: 25

Saturday, June 25 WHITEWATER CLASSIC

1. Cadets - 71.575
  2. Cavaliers - 67.975
  3. Blue Stars - 66.595
  4. Troopers - 64.595
  5. Colts - 61.925
  6. Pioneer - 55.025

Saturday, June 25 MOONLIGHT CLASSIC

1. Blue Devils - 72.375
  2. Santa Clara Vanguard - 71.875
  3. Blue Knights - 67.575
  4. Madison Scouts - 66.995
  5. The Academy - 64.025
  6. Pacific Crest - 61.025
  7. Mandarins - 60.025

Reasoning:

East Coast:

• Bluecoats - Going out on a limb here, based on some......stuff. I think these guys are a huge wildcard. Cadets and Crown both pretty early on in developing their shows, and Cadets are definitely dirty with a very hard show, so who knows. If they come out with the right elements in play, who knows what could happen.
  • Carolina Crown - Same as Cadets, feel like they have the bones of a show that will blossom over the season. I feel like they are a touch cleaner, and their guard, woof, Cadets are definitely going to be stronger in this area, but I think that gives Crown a slight advantage right now.
  • The Cadets - Bare bones and dirty. Think the Cadets crowd would agree that is more pleasing than coming out really strong and fading. Definitely fighting the incredible difficulty at times. LOTS of unfinished elements too. See 2011 for my reasoning here. I think they'll grow and grow and grow over the season. Not hating! I promise. :)
  • The Cavaliers - I feel like what they have is a GREAT start compared to the last few years, I think they could come out with a great swing. Even though it's not finished, it feels really developed for this early in the rest of the program, from what I understand they took a BK approach of slow and steady with some cleaning learning it. And it shows I think! Solid across the board.
  • Phantom Regiment - Snapchats sounds and look great. I have my serious concerns with the music package, but I don't think that'll come into play later on IF my impression doesn't change. I'm open minded (IT'S NOW TOMORROW) on Thursday, should get a great read on the show.
  • Boston Crusaders - I'm predicting them about 4 points higher than last year and within striking distance of Phantom because I think their show is going to be a REALLY stark contrast to last years unfinished absolute bare skeleton of an unfinished unpolished show. From what I've heard, it is going to look and sound like a complete product. It will definitely change, but will be more of an early draft than a work in progress. Think these guys could be dangerous if the show is as good as I think it could be. Think at first music might keep them down a touch, they sound great, maybe not QUITE Phantom level yet. But that's not to say it can't get there.......

Corps that add in on Saturday here:

• Blue Stars - I think they're going to come out swinging hard, based on a bunch of stuff I've heard and watched develop, seems like they are relatively impressive for themselves early on, across the board.
  • Crossmen - LOVE the show, think visual dirt might keep them down a bit at first, not a bad problem to have. Don't want to peak early!
  • Troopers - Going out on a limb here, solid start last year, don't see why not again this year.
  • Colts - I've only seen a small clip of them, but it was impressive. Who knows, they could be a wild card.
  • Pioneer - I think last years show was an indication things could be changing. I'd love for that to be true. Here's me being hopeful! :)

West Coast:

• Blue Devils - Why not?
  • Santa Clara Vanguard - My other gut feeling corps that I'm completely baseless on. Think they could be a wild card like Bluecoats, and I just think it'd be fun if they were within striking distance of BD.
  • Blue Knights - What I've heard sounds super impressive. Not done, but they are always pretty clean early on due to their approach.
  • Madison - Don't have anything to base on, just being safe here until I see something.
  • The Academy - Gosh that video two weeks ago was impressive! Based on what I saw of PC and Mandarins last week, I think Academy is on the next tier. Show seemed WAY more developed, a touch harder, and cleaner.
  • Pacific Crest - Liked what I saw in their preview! Seems like a stronger concept than last year. Not done yet as of that, but I think they'll open strong.
  • Mandarins - See what I said about PC.

It's almost here!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

• Bluecoats - 70.575
  • Carolina Crown - 70.475
  • Cadets - 70.025
  • The Cavaliers - 67.025
  • Phantom Regiment - 65.995
  • Boston Crusaders - 65.095

• Blue Devils - 71.025
  • Santa Clara Vanguard - 70.595
  • Blue Knights - 67.025
  • Mandarins - 66.575
  • Academy - 63.925
  • Pacific Crest - 60.925
  • Mandarins - 59.995

Saturday, June 25 INNOVATIONS IN BRASS

• Bluecoats - 71.925
  • Carolina Crown - 71.725
  • Phantom Regiment - 66.995
  • Boston Crusaders - 66.225
  • Crossmen - 64.975

Max. points: 25

Saturday, June 25 WHITEWATER CLASSIC

• Cadets - 71.575
  • Cavaliers - 67.975
  • Blue Stars - 66.595
  • Troopers - 64.595
  • Colts - 61.925
  • Pioneer - 55.025

Saturday, June 25 MOONLIGHT CLASSIC

• Blue Devils - 72.375
  • Santa Clara Vanguard - 71.875
  • Blue Knights - 67.575
  • Madison Scouts - 66.995
  • The Academy - 64.025
  • Pacific Crest - 61.025
  • Mandarins - 60.025

Reasoning:

East Coast:

• Bluecoats - Going out on a limb here, based on some......stuff. I think these guys are a huge wildcard. Cadets and Crown both pretty early on in developing their shows, and Cadets are definitely dirty with a very hard show, so who knows. If they come out with the right elements in play, who knows what could happen.
  • Carolina Crown - Same as Cadets, feel like they have the bones of a show that will blossom over the season. I feel like they are a touch cleaner, and their guard, woof, Cadets are definitely going to be stronger in this area, but I think that gives Crown a slight advantage right now.
  • The Cadets - Bare bones and dirty. Think the Cadets crowd would agree that is more pleasing than coming out really strong and fading. Definitely fighting the incredible difficulty at times. LOTS of unfinished elements too. See 2011 for my reasoning here. I think they'll grow and grow and grow over the season. Not hating! I promise. :)
  • The Cavaliers - I feel like what they have is a GREAT start compared to the last few years, I think they could come out with a great swing. Even though it's not finished, it feels really developed for this early in the rest of the program, from what I understand they took a BK approach of slow and steady with some cleaning learning it. And it shows I think! Solid across the board.
  • Phantom Regiment - Snapchats sounds and look great. I have my serious concerns with the music package, but I don't think that'll come into play later on IF my impression doesn't change. I'm open minded (IT'S NOW TOMORROW) on Thursday, should get a great read on the show.
  • Boston Crusaders - I'm predicting them about 4 points higher than last year and within striking distance of Phantom because I think their show is going to be a REALLY stark contrast to last years unfinished absolute bare skeleton of an unfinished unpolished show. From what I've heard, it is going to look and sound like a complete product. It will definitely change, but will be more of an early draft than a work in progress. Think these guys could be dangerous if the show is as good as I think it could be. Think at first music might keep them down a touch, they sound great, maybe not QUITE Phantom level yet. But that's not to say it can't get there.......

Corps that add in on Saturday here:

• Blue Stars - I think they're going to come out swinging hard, based on a bunch of stuff I've heard and watched develop, seems like they are relatively impressive for themselves early on, across the board.
  • Crossmen - LOVE the show, think visual dirt might keep them down a bit at first, not a bad problem to have. Don't want to peak early!
  • Troopers - Going out on a limb here, solid start last year, don't see why not again this year.
  • Colts - I've only seen a small clip of them, but it was impressive. Who knows, they could be a wild card.
  • Pioneer - I think last years show was an indication things could be changing. I'd love for that to be true. Here's me being hopeful! :)

West Coast:

• Blue Devils - Why not?
  • Santa Clara Vanguard - My other gut feeling corps that I'm completely baseless on. Think they could be a wild card like Bluecoats, and I just think it'd be fun if they were within striking distance of BD.
  • Blue Knights - What I've heard sounds super impressive. Not done, but they are always pretty clean early on due to their approach.
  • Madison - Don't have anything to base on, just being safe here until I see something.
  • The Academy - Gosh that video two weeks ago was impressive! Based on what I saw of PC and Mandarins last week, I think Academy is on the next tier. Show seemed WAY more developed, a touch harder, and cleaner.
  • Pacific Crest - Liked what I saw in their preview! Seems like a stronger concept than last year. Not done yet as of that, but I think they'll open strong.
  • Mandarins - See what I said about PC.

It's almost here!

I'm sorry, but Crowns guard..."woof"...? I hope that's not saying they're bad this year. Clearly, we did not see the same video. Yeah, there was a few "iffy" moments, but from what I've seen, pretty clean this time of year.

I'm sorry, but Crowns guard..."woof"...? I hope that's not saying they're bad this year. Clearly, we did not see the same video. Yeah, there was a few "iffy" moments, but from what I've seen, pretty clean this time of year.

I always use that as a compliment. DEFINITLEY a good thing! Haha. Perhaps I should come up with a better phrase.

• Like 1

I always use that as a compliment. DEFINITLEY a good thing! Haha. Perhaps I should come up with a better phrase. /quote]

Okay. Lol. Yeah, "woof" does have like, 20 different meanings to it.

Edited by UKSuperman

I mean it like, ####. That's some good ####.

Haha.

Yeah, I get that now. I'm kinda upset to know they are staying 45 minutes from me tonight and I knew NOTHING of it. Would've been nice to see them before July 17th. I haven't seen them live since 2007, and it's been killing me!

1 BLUECOATS 72.15

2 Carolina Crown 71.95

3 CADETS 70.95

4 Boston Crusaders 69.0

5 CAVALIERS 68.25

6 PHANTOM REGIMENT 67.5

1 BLUE DEVILS 72.0

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 70.95

3 BLUE KNIGHTS 70.75