Marching Music Downloads

marchingmusicdownloads.com

So new site for APD's and VPD's. Visually, it looks pretty solid. But man those prices for the VPD's... are those similar to what they used to be?

Edited by Clutchtow

Also I find it interesting that they chose to spin off the sales to a new site. I wonder why?

As I recall, the fan network offered standard definition videos for something like $4.99, and HD videos for $9.99. These new prices are a little steep...

marchingmusicdownloads.com

So new site for APD's and VPD's. Visually, it looks pretty solid. But man those prices for the VPD's... are those similar to what they used to be?

no

but i assume they're higher to pay royalties to those holding rights to the pieces

it's the price we're going to have to pay unless we want to hear all-original music from every corps

i'm amazed dci was able to get this done, actually

Edited by Lance

As I recall, the fan network offered standard definition videos for something like $4.99, and HD videos for $9.99. These new prices are a little steep...

I suppose they wan't people to buy the blue rays? Cause to get the full top 12 would be $180 via MMD vs 120 for the blueray (135 after taxes and shipping)

no

but i assume they're higher to pay royalties to those holding rights to the pieces

it's the price we're going to have to pay unless we want to hear all-original music from every corps

i'm amazed dci was able to get this done, actually

Is a license for digital download different than physical media production? I know the whole streaming vs mechanical rights, but what would APD/VPD's fall under?

The video purchases include both high cam and multi cam, so technically it's $7.49 per video. Between that and the $4.99 audio, it's a roughly $1 price hike from the old Fan Network. Not so bad. I thought it would be more, honestly.

Mike

Is a license for digital download different than physical media production? I know the whole streaming vs mechanical rights, but what would APD/VPD's fall under?

i honestly have no idea

if i'm wrong, maybe somebody can explain it better

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but on the webcast that just ended, didn't they say that we could download one of the videos for free? If so, I'm not seeing that option.