Guard winners -- missing 10 years

I recently did a breakdown of BD caption wins since 1973 and found I'm missing some for the guard.

Could not find who won guard in the following years:

73-77, 80-83, or 90.

TIA

The second post of the following thread has some of the years you are looking for.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/13927-dci-best-color-guard-awards/

Edited by Fish

Thanks! Fills out 2 years.

I suppose I should've stated the original question better...is there a source other than From the Pressbox that shows the finals caption for guard for those missing years?

Since there was no true color guard caption for many years I believe the judges decided who the winner was for those years.

I don't think there was a #1, #2, #3.....just a winner named for those years.

Ahh...that explains it. And yeah...CG didn't have it's OWN points until 2000!

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh...that explains it. And yeah...CG didn't have it's OWN points until 2000!

Not entirely true. I know in 78 and 79 (and maybe other years) there was a 2 point guard caption. You can see these on the end of the recaps. I don't believe these guard scores were added into the total score, though.

Edited by DAvery

Not entirely true. I know in 78 and 79 (and maybe other years) there was a 2 point guard caption. You can see these on the end of the recaps. I don't believe these guard scores were added into the total score, though.

Those 78 and 79 guard scores were most often tie scores with other corps, so a definitive "best" doesn't show up there.

That's what I meant...