02 (01) 73.50 (5) - Cincinnati Tradition
03 (04) 71.90 (3) - Chops
04 (03) 69.30 (5) - Erie Thunderbirds
05 (05) 66.35 (1) - Excelsior
-------
(1) = 08/20/2016 - Everett, MA (DCA)
(2) = 08/20/2016 - Peckville, PA (DCA)
(3) = 08/20/2016 - St Peter, MN (DCA)
(4) = 08/13/2016 - Williamsport, PA (DCA)
(5) = 08/06/2016 - Racine, WI (DCA)
(6) = 08/06/2016 - Woodstock, GA (DCA)
(7) = 07/30/2016 - Atlanta GA (DCI)

Edited by Gary Matczak
  • Like 2

Thanks Gary ,Sandy usally does this but I guess he;s been busy with Chops

Two scores from tonight's DCI show in Mankato:

59.50 Minnesota Brass

53.30 Govenaires

Make of that what you will.

I just saw those scores from Mankato. I am gobsmacked that they were so low. Is there anyone on the forum in attendance at the show to shed some light on the two corps performance?

:ninja:

Bill,

the best I can figure out on that is this:

1: My quasi-educated hunch, and that's all it is, is that there's a 5 to 15 point window of low from a DCI panel as compared to a DCA panel. What's scary is that I can't narrow down the window of uncertainty to one smaller than that. I wish i could.

2: Bill at Kilties I think has mentioned once that the DCI judges might not be including the 10 point communication subcaption in with their scores, though I'd think they would know to do this by now. Calling Bill, calling Bill, can you help us out on that one? :satisfied:

Bill,

the best I can figure out on that is this:

1: My quasi-educated hunch, and that's all it is, is that there's a 5 to 15 point window of low from a DCI panel as compared to a DCA panel. What's scary is that I can't narrow down the window of uncertainty to one smaller than that. I wish i could.

2: Bill at Kilties I think has mentioned once that the DCI judges might not be including the 10 point communication subcaption in with their scores, though I'd think they would know to do this by now. Calling Bill, calling Bill, can you help us out on that one? :satisfied:

The communication sub-caption has presently been included in the Kilts scoring, and would ascertain it is in the scores from Mankato also.

Historically, the Kilts are the very first all-age corps "outta the gate" for performances at DCI shows (by a couple of weeks). Thus, any adjudication process in putting numbers to all-age corps performances by DCI judges (understanding and using the DCA criteria and philosophy) unfolds---typically, after the Kilts first show, things tend to settle in across the board for the all-age corps at DCI shows as the DCI panels are more familiar with the DCA adjudication process.

All-age scores at DCI (and even the old DCM) shows typically are lower than one may expect in comparison to a DCA show.

Edited by bill
  • Like 2

The communication sub-caption has presently been included in the Kilts scoring, and would ascertain it is in the scores from Mankato also.

Historically, the Kilts are the very first all-age corps "outta the gate" for performances at DCI shows (by a couple of weeks). Thus, any adjudication process in putting numbers to all-age corps performances by DCI judges (understanding and using the DCA criteria and philosophy) unfolds---typically, after the Kilts first show, things tend to settle in across the board for the all-age corps at DCI shows as the DCI panels are more familiar with the DCA adjudication process.

All-age scores at DCI (and even the old DCM) shows typically are lower than one may expect in comparison to a DCA show.

The really old school of thought when DCM was in play----add 18 points to your DCM score, and you had your DCA score "range"---although the judging criteria has changed, sheets have changed, etc........................so, it's a present "take it for what it's worth" equation/formula

I just saw those scores from Mankato. I am gobsmacked that they were so low. Is there anyone on the forum in attendance at the show to shed some light on the two corps performance?

:ninja:

Seemed that all, or most, of the scores were low at that show... even for the DCI corps.