Mantology in Mankato - 6 July 2016, Mankato, MN

#dci #thunderofdrums

MN Brass-great show! Full concept from start to finish, nice use of voiceover that was fun and moved the story along. A bit of a prop issue at one point with some tripping, but good recovery. Full horn sound, great guards work, lots of notes in the drumline...

Oh yeah, the govies I think have a harder horn book them in the past, but I could be wrong...anyway...

Great job to both MN DCA corps! Colt Cadets in the field...

Thanks for the updates on Govies and MBI!!! Much appreciated!!! Sounds like yet another good year coming up for both of them. It will be interesting to see how Govies fare in their first year moving up to DCA's Open Class.

Pioneer- 💕💕💕 don't miss this show looking for a hotdog. Great vocalist (maybe put a skirt on her? Can't decide, I am amazed that she goes on and out of the hornline too...) and the death is awesome. Crowd loved it :)

• Like 1

Colts-so beautiful, huge sound, did great 💕💕💕 nothing bad I can say, just clean some visual kiddos, the folks around me loved you! (and so do I of course...just a bit bias...)

Blue stars setting up, and I have 14% battery. Gonna be right.

• Like 1

Colts-so beautiful, huge sound, did great nothing bad I can say, just clean some visual kiddos, the folks around me loved you! (and so do I of course...just a bit bias...)

Blue stars setting up, and I have 14% battery. Gonna be right.

You can definitely be bias but you are also right that their show is great this year!

• Like 2

Blue stars-wow (did I say that already? I need a thesaurus)

First, who ever put the sparkles on the uniforms did a fantastic job, the hornline looks amazing. I watched on trumpet run for about 30 counts I think,the whole group is in great shape. Lots of cool equipment tossed between the guards members, the high school Kids next to me were very impressed. I am not sure about the lampshades??? Need to do some research I guess, but the show was lots of fun to watch.

Here comes Crown...