"Clever Pun" in Chickasha - July 7

I am really looking forward to Academy's head to head match up with the Blue Stars on Saturday and Sunday.

Chickasha crowd not terribly enthused by Jesus H. Christ Superstar, it seemed.

I hate to say it but I agree with them. Scouts fan since the early 80's but I actually enjoyed The Academy's show more. Plus that opening hit by Academy is to die for. I was down low but there were big hits from Scouts where it seemed 70-80% Amps with hornline blended in but the Synth was dominant. Yeah I know designed for the Big Barn and closed roof, etc, etc.

Was a fun show tho. Well worth the small fee. Talked to a guard guy from PC he said made for a good stop on the way back NE from Mesa. If they are gonna be coming through anyway might as well have a show, give the kids a show day and make a little scratch for the corps.

I am really looking forward to Academy's head to head match up with the Blue Stars on Saturday and Sunday.

Given Academy's scores the last couple days, you've got to think they'll be pretty evenly matched.

Given Academy's scores the last couple days, you've got to think they'll be pretty evenly matched.

Agreed but Academy better be ready. Blue Stars are no joke.

I hate to say it but I agree with them. Scouts fan since the early 80's but I actually enjoyed The Academy's show more. Plus that opening hit by Academy is to die for. I was down low but there were big hits from Scouts where it seemed 70-80% Amps with hornline blended in but the Synth was dominant. Yeah I know designed for the Big Barn and closed roof, etc, etc.

Was a fun show tho. Well worth the small fee. Talked to a guard guy from PC he said made for a good stop on the way back NE from Mesa. If they are gonna be coming through anyway might as well have a show, give the kids a show day and make a little scratch for the corps.

Synth is really prominent in the last couple minutes. I've seen it written that this Madison show is a darker version of the 1999 show, and I'd say that's pretty accurate.

DCI deserves more shows like tonight's show in Chickasha and the one from about 2 weeks ago in Oxnard. Both of these shows have allowed performers to make new friends from other corps, and have entertained audiences even more than they would at a regular show. This activity is so much more than the numbers the judges assign.

• Like 2

DCI deserves more shows like tonight's show in Chickasha and the one from about 2 weeks ago in Oxnard. Both of these shows have allowed performers to make new friends from other corps, and have entertained audiences even more than they would at a regular show. This activity is so much more than the numbers the judges assign.

DCI needs less 3 corps shows, not more.

The Academy 1.2 behind Madison. Not good for the Scouts. I am looking forward to the Scouts show in Middleton this Sunday night.

Edited by FlamMan

Oh goodness, the Academy seems to be trying to make a move!

I love it, adding some spice to the already interesting season.

DCI needs less 3 corps shows, not more.

Yes and no. 3 Corps shows do not need to be the norm. But if you have 3-4 corps relocating why not have a small show enroute somewhere like this and do the "show +encore" bit?

• Like 1