Drum Majors Milking Applause...

Sup dcp. I've been away for a while. Back with a new profile. Some of you will know who I am. Anyways...

It seems like DMs are really taking their time with the whole smile-and-wave thing after the salute. I've noticed it gradually getting worse, but this year it seems like every DM has their own shtick. BD DM with his hair thing and then shako fake out is the worst one. Is it just me or is it bothering anyone else too? Just salute, turn around, and go.

It seems like DMs are really taking their time with the whole smile-and-wave thing after the salute. I've noticed it gradually getting worse,

I don't see DM's spending more than generally 5 -7 seconds. Its a salute, then the shako removal, then a perfunctory smile to the judges in the box, then a turn back to their Corps to start the show.

The whole thing takes no more than a few seconds. I have not seen this taking any longer than usual, nor even seeing it as annoying, distracting, nor unnecessarily time consuming. On the other hand maybe people are seeing a problem here that I'm not seeing.... so the follow up will tell us if there is widespread DM behaviors on the podium annoyance present, that I'm not seeing.

I've never noticed a problem. It takes some drum majors longer to actually salute haha (BK, Cavies) and still not an issue

Now Trooopers' DM joining the awards lineup, however . . .

• Like 1

If i ever had the opportunity to be the DM for one of these amazing corps i would milk it for all it's worth too. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who doesn't have a ounce of musical talent and envy's everyone who has ever marched drum corps past and present and the future marchers of this magnificent organization.

Phantom's DM takes a good 15 seconds to get his baton out and it has been tradition for a while, no one has ever complained. Why is it an issue if DM's are doing their own thing, it's not like it's taking more than 5-10 seconds extra